Home General Discussion

Burn Issues

Guys:

Last night I was smoking a Gran Habano and a round burn spot developing below the burn line on the cigar. What causes something like this - construction (didn't seem very good) or something else?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd say construction is your most likely culprit, that is the cause of the bulk of any burn issues I have.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    construction issues and maybe smoking to slow. if the cigar is tunneling then you speed up your smoking this COULD happen. ive never seen that before so i cant really speculate beyond that.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Thats typical of a poorly constructed cigar that you are smoking too fast. When you smoke too fast the stick can burn down the middle then if it finds a less dense area of tobacco it will burn out the side there.
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Thanks guys!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey sdip, I think it's a Cigar Beetle that burst into flames trying to get out. Did you get that stick from Maduro in a Pay-it Forward. I think thats the real problem. What do you think Maduro ?
    kaspera79:
    Hey sdip, I think it's a Cigar Beetle that burst into flames trying to get out. Did you get that stick from Maduro in a Pay-it Forward. I think thats the real problem. What do you think Maduro ?
    ever hear a little tiny pop while you were smoking? those are tobacco beetle eggs going up....
    I know, But we better both delete these Beetle posts before Maddy comes on tonight, you know how freaked out he gets.
    HA! i find it slightly triumphant when i hear one of those pops.
    And I find it alarming , I run to the humidor to check out my stock..
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    No pop, but I do hope you are pulling my chain. I have about 600 cigars in that humidor. I did look closely at it and saw nothing that resembled a beatle hole.
    cdip, don't tell Maduro , but I just kidding to get him going.... the others were right with their answer. I promise I was just kidding..sorry to get you worried..
    kaspera79:
    And I find it alarming , I run to the humidor to check out my stock..
    Look whos getting a little paranoid now. @$$hole, LMAO
    Once again very funny.I have reached a level where I have to many cigars to risk it thanks to all the great suggestions offered here. I think paranoia is contagious, and is spread through the typed word.
    LOL it is contageous I swear. I never had a worry to someone else started freaking out and I started adding up the value of my collection.