Home Pipes

Nording Erik the Red

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
All this pipe talk has me wanting to break mine out again... it's been about 6 months, but I may roll it out tonight... mine is very basic, so i looked through the Ccom selection to see what they had... is the Nording Erik the Red a decent pipe? i really like the look and the price is pretty good too... anyone know anything about these or ever use one?

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I bought a Nording bent billard .. I love this pipe.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The only input I have is on Nording in general, I have two freehand style pipes and they smoke great. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Nording pipe.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Nording makes fantastic pipes, have not used that one, but I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be a great smoker
  • gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    I just ordered this pipe from Tim, this is my first pipe. Can't wait to get it, I'll let you know what I think in a few days.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Congrats. Just got my first pipe and love the hell out of it
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gio164:
    I just ordered this pipe from Tim, this is my first pipe. Can't wait to get it, I'll let you know what I think in a few days.
    Congrats on your first pipe.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    gio164:
    Congrats Bro... I may be doing the exact same thing... :/
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the next pipe I was thinking of getting so I say go for it.
  • gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    Well, I've had my pipe for a couple of days now. First off, pipe smoking is a completely different animal from cigar smoking. Going in, I didn't think it was going to be that big of a difference. After my 4th bowl and doing some research on line and reading the pipe forum here, I'm starting to get the hang of it. As far as my new pipe(Nording Erik the Red) it is a beautiful pipe, very well made and has a little weight to it, well worth the money in my opinion. As far as pipe smoking goes, will I like more then cigar smoking? Probally not, but it is a nice change of pace that I will enjoy from time to time.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    nice... glad to hear it Gio.... post a pic of the pipe if you can... I'm still up in the air on my decision...
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    gio164:
    . As far as pipe smoking goes, will I like more then cigar smoking? Probally not, but it is a nice change of pace that I will enjoy from time to time.

In time you might. For me it is the mood and the moment. If I just want to relax and think about nothing but the smoke I will generally reach for a cigar. If I am thinking about something, doing something, then often I prefer my pipes. Different smokes for different frames of mind.