Home General Discussion
Options

New to cigar collecting

What are good cigars to purchase

Comments

• Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    whatever you like and makes you feel good.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    If you are collecting buy up the really expensive and rare cigars. If you are smoking them you have a different choice to make entirely...
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Try some samplers, ccom blends are good for starters. They are good, though not the same as premiums but will give you an idea of what you may like before spending alot of money.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I suggest the ccom awards samplers, all great sticks at great prices.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    If you are collecting buy up the really expensive and rare cigars. If you are smoking them you have a different choice to make entirely...
    exactly. most of us on this forum are cigar smokers not cigar collectors.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried collecting cigars. Problem is, I keep smoking the really good ones. LOL!
    My "collection" seems to keep changing. Not sure why that is, but they seem to keep disappearing.
    I can't keep my prized cigars. It's pretty disheartening. I had this really good one that I was keeping and somehow, it turned to ash. Who knew?

Although, there are a couple that I have that are cherished specimens and it will take some very special occasions for me to smoke them.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the Reviews section and get some ideas. Then see if they are in samplers that way you keep the costs down. It's a great way to experiment and find your own taste. Have fun!!
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I am a regular cigar smoker and also a collector. When I say collector that means I like to age some cigars to enjoy the mellow and matured taste in the future. If you can wait to age certain cigar then you will be rewarded. Both are two different aspects of smoking. You need to identify some cigars for aging because every cigar is not good for aging. Some are good to smoke fresh. usually, light Connecticut wrapper is not good for long aging. However, though wrapper is the most important element of a cigar which releases the 50 to 60% of the taste of a cigar but binder and filler blends are also very important. Start with samplers and first identify your like- mild, medium or full bodied cigar then identify which wrapper and country of origin you enjoy the most. It takes some time but you will know what you enjoy the most. It is a process and there is no short cut. Cigar taste is subjective and individual so you need to do some homework. It is a beautiful journey and you will simply keep enjoying it.
    Dwise13:
    What are good cigars to purchase