Home Cigar 101

Rocky Patel 1961 discontinued?

I stopped by my friends shop yesterday to pick up and new box, and he said they had been discontinued. Can anyone confirm this? I have been unable to find anything about it on the net.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't answer your question, but, RP does drop/add blends pretty frequently. 1961 was OK, better than some he's dropped, or some he hasn't.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • FNAFNA Posts: 55
    I'd be just as glad. I can live without knowing there's a cigar out there that commemorates RP's birth.
  • LehnsherrLehnsherr Posts: 2
    I really enjoyed the 1961. It's WAY better than the Sun Grown...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FNA:
    I'd be just as glad. I can live without knowing there's a cigar out there that commemorates RP's birth.
    Have you tried the cigar? Did you like it or are you basing your opinion on the marketing of the cigar?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I've always liked the 61, but I'm not losing sleep. Good budget smoke
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    61 was a decent stick I think.....I can think about of about 67 other RP blends off the top of my head that shoudl go to the wayside however.