Home Cigar 101

5 packs and humidor storage

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
When you get a wrapped 5 pack do you store it wrapped or do you remove the outer wrapper and store the individual sticks?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    You can do it either way but I always take mine out
    Money can't buy taste
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    When you get a wrapped 5 pack do you store it wrapped or do you remove the outer wrapper and store the individual sticks?
    Pm in yo box sir
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    You can do it either way but I always take mine out

Well it looks like i did the experiment...... I unwrapped 5 and left 5 in the 5 pack wrapping...... good thing they are all the same (Diesel Unlimited) and came at the same time !! In a few months I will know if there is any difference. Thanks !!
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    That is a great idea. I am too lazy to do that. Keep us posted on the changes. I would be interested in knowing your thoughts with identical cigars purchased at the same time.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
  • GreenMachineGreenMachine Posts: 483
    Great test!! Can't wait to hear the results!!!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Just a question but how is this really a experiment? Your sticks will obviously breathe better not in extra wrapping therefore making them age better. So the question should've been will my cigars age in the extra packing... Yes and yes but at a slower rate.
    Money can't buy taste
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Just a question but how is this really a experiment? Your sticks will obviously breathe better not in extra wrapping therefore making them age better. So the question should've been will my cigars age in the extra packing... Yes and yes but at a slower rate.

Not quite what I was thinking. Yes, the cello will age slower but what will the difference in the profile be a 18 months, 36 months between them really be? That is the question.