Home Cigar 101

Multiple cigars

JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
So, I've noticed over on the thread about what people are smoking tonight that there is a lot of "I had a whatever, followed by this guy, and finished with this dude." Is there a method to this? Like, do you start mild and work your way up to the stronger, more full ones? Or is it just whatever?

And how does the flavor from number one impact number two and that combo impact number 3?

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Speaking for myself, i usually smoke a mild after breakfast, a med after lunch and a full after supper, the meals in between clear the palate a bit. sometimes two at night but rarely. usually save the heavy hitterz for the evening
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    What he said...but if I know I'm going to smoke multiple cigars back-to-back I'll plan for the mildest first.
    I tried an experiment once, smoking an Ashton VSG followed by a Perdomo Champagne. I couldn't pick up ANY of the subtle nuances in the Perdomo.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    generally speaking i will start milder and go stronger as the day moves on. or i will stay at about the same level.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Well I have way more full cigars than medium. Though I will smoke a med after a full, just not immediately. And for the flavor crossing over, I cleanse my pallet and it's all good.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Totally depends.... I typically do not smoke two Maduro's or mild/med in a row. But alternating jus depends on what I want at that time. I do tend to go with a goto cigar after a really good one or bad one.
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    catfishbluezz:
    I do tend to go with a goto cigar after a really bad one.
    This is my only true rule. I'm a 1-2 a week kind of guy so I only smoke more than one in a sitting on herf days. HOWEVER, because of the limited nature of the hobby for me, I refuse to smoke a bad one and will toss something an inch in if it sucks. Whenever I smoke a dud and toss it, I always follow it up with something I know I like.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    *Petey*:
    catfishbluezz:
    This is my only true rule. I'm a 1-2 a week kind of guy so I only smoke more than one in a sitting on herf days. HOWEVER, because of the limited nature of the hobby for me, I refuse to smoke a bad one and will toss something an inch in if it sucks. Whenever I smoke a dud and toss it, I always follow it up with something I know I like.
    Precisely why I do that after a good one too, so I know I will not be let down lol
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    *Petey*:
    catfishbluezz:
    Precisely why I do that after a good one too, so I know I will not be let down lol
    lately I would just close my eyes and just reach for a cigar in the humi. kinda like that arcade grab game. except I didn't pay a quarter. that's whats uuuup
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    catfishbluezz:
    *Petey*:
    catfishbluezz:
    lately I would just close my eyes and just reach for a cigar in the humi. kinda like that arcade grab game. except I didn't pay a quarter. that's whats uuuup
    JuJu I agree with YuYu.

It is pretty much grab and go with me as I am not much of a thinker.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I don't usually smoke many times a day it is usually at night. If I'm gonna smoke two cigars it's gonna be two smaller ones usually and I smoke stronger and then stronger. The other night I enjoyed a Wolfe followed by a core dagger. One night had me hallucinating I smoked a ruination followed by a antano wow that was a night. I love um strong hopefully I can ease my way back to med full at some point.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Honestly, I don't go by the body. I go by the effect that the cigar has on my palate. Some cigars "stain" my palate. I don't wanna fire up an Anejo 49, smoke it for 2 hours, and then follow it with a PSP2... cause I wouldn't taste the PSP2 very well... BUT, I could smoke them the other way around with no ill affects on my smoking experience.

Flavor has everything to do with it. I want to fully enjoy each cigar. So I smoke them in an order that they will play off of each other in a good way, or at the very least not affect each other in a negative way... if that makes sense.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    jliu:
    catfishbluezz:
    *Petey*:
    catfishbluezz:
    JuJu I agree with YuYu.

It is pretty much grab and go with me as I am not much of a thinker.
    aww rike two peas in one pod pod. <3