Home Non Cigar Related

Moving...to my first house!! EDITED with pics!

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
Brothers, I've hinted about it here and there, but I'm excited to announce officially that my wife and I have closed on our first house!! Work has already begun, but our move-in date is going to be this saturday. I'm extremely excited about it and can't wait!!

I'll try to add pictures soon. It's a smallish cape cod with 3 br/1 bath, 2/3 finished basement and a great covered patio out back which will make a killer smoking area when the temperature is good. When it's not, I've got a nice detached garage I can do some work to (starting already to argue for an air purifier in the finished basement already though!!!).

Exterior1

Exterior2

Patio
Location was a huge factor in this, it's a corner lot with no real good through path for traffic so cars are minimal, 5 min drive to 2 major highways (80 and 287 if you're from jersey) and walking distance to an elementary school (not yet, but...planning). It needs a ton of work but it's all cosmetic and I'm really excited about learning how to do a lot of it myself!

Oh yeah, so don't lob any bombs at my old address. I'm officially hidden for now. Mwahahhahahahaha
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Congratulations.
    Thanks!
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    ahh nice Ken! I can smell the guitos from here
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    YOu do know that we can see your street sign..
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first 2 photos didn't come through on my iPhone but that's a killer patio. What a great place for a cigar. Molto congrats, Bro. I'm happy for ya....

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing! A little Yahoo maps and VUA-LA!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see the smoking area. Congrats!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    First thing I saw in the 2nd picture............
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Ken!! Nice looking place. We close on a house next week, my first. Have fun realizing your vision.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats again Ken. Now you can appreciate the meaning of "yard gars" like I have been lately. Luv it.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Brothers, I've hinted about it here and there, but I'm excited to announce officially that my wife and I have closed on our first house!! Work has already begun, but our move-in date is going to be this saturday. I'm extremely excited about it and can't wait!!

I'll try to add pictures soon. It's a smallish cape cod with 3 br/1 bath, 2/3 finished basement and a great covered patio out back which will make a killer smoking area when the temperature is good. When it's not, I've got a nice detached garage I can do some work to (starting already to argue for an air purifier in the finished basement already though!!!).

Exterior1

Exterior2

Patio
    Location was a huge factor in this, it's a corner lot with no real good through path for traffic so cars are minimal, 5 min drive to 2 major highways (80 and 287 if you're from jersey) and walking distance to an elementary school (not yet, but...planning). It needs a ton of work but it's all cosmetic and I'm really excited about learning how to do a lot of it myself!

Oh yeah, so don't lob any bombs at my old address. I'm officially hidden for now. Mwahahhahahahaha

Nice looking house.
    Again congratulations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats Ken. That's a sweet house and most of the work is done already. Just move in and start smoking...
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only imagine your excitement. My wife and I just got our first apartment together, and it is so cool. THe place looks great, and the patio looks kickin! Congrats
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice and congrats! Looks like you have a fantastic smoking patio ready to go.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Congrats Ken
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    congrats man!
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Congrats ken to you and your wife. The house looks amazing!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Very cool, brother. Congrats!
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Congrats, man! Nice place. Enjoy the experience, I remember that feeling the first day of being a homeowner, and the first trips to Home Depot...
    Thanks guys! And as for the street sign, I saw that too. It's a corner lot, remember, and it just so happens that the sign you can read is not the side of the house with the mailbox... ;P
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lookin' place Ken. I'm digging that patio in the last pic - great smoking spot for sure.

Congrats to you and your wife.
    And have fun "fixing it up" that's a great way to truly make it "yours."

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! I was nervous as all hell about paying a mortgage and everyone told me "you just get used to it after a while." It's true, after a few months it's just another bill. A big bill, but it's worth paying every penny when you get to go home to your own home every night.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Congratulation Ken!!! Home sweet home. I am sincerely happy for you. Enjoy!!!
    Rob1110:
    Congrats! I was nervous as all hell about paying a mortgage and everyone told me "you just get used to it after a while." It's true, after a few months it's just another bill. A big bill, but it's worth paying every penny when you get to go home to your own home every night.
    I know this is nuts, but our mortgage payment, home owner's, and property taxes are all rolled up into one bill (apparently that's how it's done most times now) and that bill is (slightly) lower than my current rent check.
    Thanks for all the congratulations and well-wishes everyone! It continues to be truly amazing how this community of ours comes together in both good times and bad.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    I know this is nuts, but our mortgage payment, home owner's, and property taxes are all rolled up into one bill (apparently that's how it's done most times now) and that bill is (slightly) lower than my current rent check.

Even better! Congrats, brother.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Rob1110:
    Sounds like a winning proposition in every way. You get to deduct the property tax and mortgage interest on you taxes too. This is the best decision you could have made, Congratulations.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Ken! Does it come with a new addy. I have your old one you gave me. It would be a pleasure to send a house warming gift....
    RCY Cigars:
    Congratulations Ken! Does it come with a new addy. I have your old one you gave me. It would be a pleasure to send a house warming gift....
    Aw, Rick, when you put it so nicely like that.......nope. ;D
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Hi Ken! Congrats again on the new house!
    OK Ken, you can go now, no need to read any further.
    Thanks, talk to you later, Ken.

Hey Rick - I think USPS will forward mail to a new address for 6 months....and I (think) they (USPS) will send a card to the person who sent the mail, notifying them of the recipient's address change/forwarded mail ...
    So if Ken has his mail forwarded, your package may get there after all....
    At least that's how it happened the last couple times we've moved and filled out the USPS card.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *