Home Ratings & Reviews

Gryphon Humidors Vertigo torch lighter

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
Just got this earlier in the week from Mike Weber. It's a sleek silver zippo style lighter with the Gryphon logo across one side and looks GREAT. When you flip it open it still has a zippo look to it, but the lighter is a torch. The insert comes out very easily to allow for flame adjustment and filling with butane.

This is my third lighter in about 2 years because the darn things never work right for me and frankly I'd given up on using them almost a year ago and turned back to matches. Mike posted a great deal on this and I figured wtf, why not. If nothing else, a good way to throw some business his way since my budget can't touch one of his humidors (not that they're not worth it!!).

Plain and simple, this is the best lighter I've ever used. I'm enormously impressed. Highly recommended to anyone. I'm going to be protective over this thing. My last two actually died in the hands of the same friend, who seems to be torch kryptonite. He will not so much as breathe on this one. Sorry bro.
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Nice! I like the look of Mike's stuff... I've never had any issues with lighters i've owned... I have a Bugatti that I got here on Ccom and it's fine... I have a blue rhino triple torch that is ok... I have a colibri hybrid that is great, but I like it better for the soft flame...

in short, I've been looking for a torch that I would love to use, not just use because it's there... plus i like the Zippo look... I'm gonna have to hit Mike up about these... thanks for the heads up!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    The one recommendation that I could add would be to use vector on fuel. I've used other but this by far the best. I have not had a lighter issue since I started using it about a year ago. You get two huge cans for cheap too.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Gaetano7890:
    The one recommendation that I could add would be to use vector on fuel. I've used other but this by far the best. I have not had a lighter issue since I started using it about a year ago. You get two huge cans for cheap too.
    Cool, thanks for the head's up. I was using Xikar.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaetano7890:
    +1
    I use a lot of butane torches for work (soldering, shrink tube, etc) and Vector is the only fuel I never had issues with.

Ken, can you keep us informed on how well that lighter is working out for you?
    I'd really like a decent lighter and for the price, it's pretty reasonable.
    But like you, I have terrible luck with lighters.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    Gaetano7890:
    +1
    I use a lot of butane torches for work (soldering, shrink tube, etc) and Vector is the only fuel I never had issues with.

Sure thing.
  • mwebermweber Posts: 157
    Ken Light:
    0patience:
    Gaetano7890:
    +1

Sure thing.
    Thanks for the compliment Ken! Glad you like it and hope it lights MANY cigars for you in the future.
    mweber:
    Ken Light:
    0patience:
    Gaetano7890:
    +1

Sure thing.
    Thanks for the compliment Ken! Glad you like it and hope it lights MANY cigars for you in the future.
    Still going strong, have not yet had to refill.