Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Brotherhood of the traveling flask

The Scotch thread got me thinking. There are so many great drinks out there people have yet to enjoy. Also many others with some great suggestions of what to try.

My idea: Do a pass with a few cigars and two flasks. The flasks will have two different liquor inside for the next person to try. Take out the contents, wash, fill, ship.

Communicate with the next person in line and see what you have they would like to try. The cigar trading part doesn't matter. I will put some in there and people can do what they want trading them around.

Just seeing what interest there is at this point.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Nice. Would this be open to multpile liquors, like gin, tequila, scotch, bourbon, whiskey, etc..?
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    james40:
    Nice. Would this be open to multpile liquors, like gin, tequila, scotch, bourbon, whiskey, etc..?
    Just have to agree with the next person in line. Don't really care as long as the flasks are cleaned out so the next person doesn't get ghosted with something they don't expect.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I would do this. Hell yeah.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I would totally do this!!!! Sign me up! Hell, send me the flasks and I'll even start it!!!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I will stand this one out (I'll be on the move a lot for the next few months), but I just wanted to add that I think this is a freakin' awesome idea!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I'd be down for this
  • buckeyecigarbuckeyecigar Posts: 500
    I am in for sure. Love it
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Great idea Marker, just make sure you guys double bag the flasks if you sending USPS.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    In if you will have me.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Great idea, sign me up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sounds good bro, I'm down.
    Ok. I have another flask on the way so I will have two to send. Then I will put a list together of who is involved.

A nice addition to this is when you send the two flasks make sure to send a cigar specifically to try with each drink. A pairing suggestion per se. You can still trade in and out of the other cigars included but the pairing would be a suggestion to try from the sender.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    awesome, I suppose a question of order should somewhat get established? also what if I only have one liquor to offer up? I drink vodka like water but have yet to really pair it with anything, but I know a few dozen combo's for scotch per se
    I am still debating the order. Some ideas to be worked out.

Do we hold it open order with a sheet of peoples preferences to try? Then whoever has the pass can see if they can fullfill anothers wants. Towards the end this might become more difficult to match up.

Set order has benefits of structure but may not benefit the person who is next in line because they were hoping for rum, but the person before them has vodka?

Everyone who wants in on this PM me this information. I will start working on a solution.

Forum Name:
    Email address (used so we can communicate the order of the pass) I will be setting up a gmail account to wrap this all around.
    Name (first last)
    street addy
    City, State, Zip

Liquor you would like to try. Be as specific as you can. If not give an idea what you are thinking.
    Cigars you like (5-7 specific ones, even if the person doesn't have them at least it gives them an idea)
    Cigars you want to try

This will get the pass moving in the right direction.
    PM sent!
    Ok, I have two flasks and will be setting this up to ship by Saturday morning. There will be cigars in the box (duh...) and two flasks.

I will start with Aberlour 12 and Jamesons Irish Whiskey. I can probably get some Macallans Fine Oak if someone is dying to try that. Send me PMs with the info I asked before. The person with the most interest trying these two will start out. Going to organize an email group for the pass so we can have an open discussion on who wants to try what from who. The PM system here doesn't allow us to have a 'group chat' per se.
    Marker:
    Ok, I have two flasks and will be setting this up to ship by Saturday morning. There will be cigars in the box (duh...) and two flasks.

I will start with Aberlour 12 and Jamesons Irish Whiskey. I can probably get some Macallans Fine Oak if someone is dying to try that. Send me PMs with the info I asked before. The person with the most interest trying these two will start out. Going to organize an email group for the pass so we can have an open discussion on who wants to try what from who. The PM system here doesn't allow us to have a 'group chat' per se.
    MEEEEEEE PICK MT FAT ASS FIRST!!!!
    Sorry, saw the words Macallens and fell apart.
    bump because I am thirsty!!!
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Damn this is cool! Wish I could do this. But still getting settled from the move and all my cabinet has is my home made schnappes and home made kahlua (spelling off).
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    Damn this is cool! Wish I could do this. But still getting settled from the move and all my cabinet has is my home made schnappes and home made kahlua (spelling off).
    im right there with you, all i have right now is moonshine and everclear
    There were not many that sent PMs (2) so I might still start this but going to wait a little. There are a lot of passes hitting right now and I will let it wain.