Home General Discussion

Im Alive!

Hi everybody! Got an email from bandyt yesterday letting me know that folks were asking about me, and that there were tumbleweeds and cobwebs hanging from my avatar, so I just wanted to drop a quick line or two to let you know that all is well and Im still around. LOL

Everything with me is OK, I have just been flat out SLAMMED at work. 12-14 hour days every day for weeks now, some out of state travel thrown in for flavor, and one day off (the 4th of July) over that span. Life has been wake up, work, shower, eat, sleep, get up and do it all over again for so long its not even funny. When a guy is forced to choose between eating something or smoking a cigar because he just cant stay awake long enough to get them both in, life is WAAAAY too busy and thats where Ive been at for weeks.

On the good news front, starting tomorrow I will be scooping up my daughters for a week's vacation, and when I get back from that I THINK (hope? pray?) that the crazy schedule Ive been keeping will slow down and get back to whatever passes for normal for me. Hopefully then I will be back on the forums as I normally have been.

Miss you folks, and hope all is well with all of you! :-)

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a great vacation, sounds like you earned one, or two!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    who is this noob? thinking he can create his own thread like this? show some respect for the veterans and first go introduce yourself in the newbie welcome thread. good grief
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    jliu:
    who is this noob? thinking he can create his own thread like this? show some respect for the veterans and first go introduce yourself in the newbie welcome thread. good grief
    OMG, fvcking hilarious bro.

Glad to see you're doing well, sometimes working like that can be the best thing for you. Othertimes it just plain sucks. Have fun on your well earned vacation.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Aw ****, I think SNOOB just got California blown up again................Stupid SNOOB.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Glad youre doing well!
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    mmccartneydc:
    jliu:
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Glad youre doing well!
    Good to hear from you Glen
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Pretty funny and dangerously stupid at the same time.........WOW. Glad you are OK, Glen.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you are well brother, get some quality time with the offspring, then get back to the kids here
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Good to hear from you Glen. Enjoy your vacation!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Glad to hear you are well brother, get some quality time with the offspring, then get back to the kids here

I was thinking the same thing. Mr. Glen, you see Jiunn really misses you. Glad your doing well and it's only work that has you away from us. I was one of the kids asking your where abouts. Don't scare us like that again :).....

aww shucks who am I kidding? I miss having you around here. bring it in you non fat baldy youuuuu
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey-o, there he is!!
    Good to see you stoppin' in, Sniper!! I saw an article the other day, and I thought it was something you might enjoy - just PMed it your way.

But anyways; enjoy your vacation and the much-needed time off!!!
    And I'm hoping the "crazy/hectic" schedule is over and you can get back to eating dinner and enjoying a cigar in the same day.

Cheer!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whew! I was worried Achmed finally caught up with you. ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    All right man, good to hear from you!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear things are going ok. And it's good to see you post.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Thanks for all the well wishes fellas. Forgot to include something in my original post - a lot of guys were asking about Goldy too. While I have NOT spoken to him recently, I DO know that his job (has to do with geology in some way) takes him into some pretty remote locales, sometimes for some VERY extended periods of time, so him being out of pocket on the forums for extended periods is not all that unusual. Im sure thats the case here, all is well with him and we hear from him soon as well.

The Sniper:
    Thanks for all the well wishes fellas. Forgot to include something in my original post - a lot of guys were asking about Goldy too. While I have NOT spoken to him recently, I DO know that his job (has to do with geology in some way) takes him into some pretty remote locales, sometimes for some VERY extended periods of time, so him being out of pocket on the forums for extended periods is not all that unusual. Im sure thats the case here, all is well with him and we hear from him soon as well.

hi snippy. *waves* *blows a kiss to missouri*
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Glad you made it back Glen. You've got about 2 weeks to get yourself out here and go see Maiden with me. I'll requisition Todd's couch for you. Wink [;)]
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Good to see you on here man. Seems like a lot of us are out of pocket lately. Why does work have to be so consuming?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:

Nice, glad your okay. Well I watch a lot of south park so I know that geologists are a traveling bunch!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you again, hope you have a great vacation.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you're doing ok, Glen! I was starting to get worried about you, bro. Enjoy your time with the girls, then get your butt back on the boards!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy your vacation. Unfortunetly, I just came back from my vacation. Man, vacation works like magic. Glad to know that you are alive and doing well.
    The Sniper:
    Hi everybody! Got an email from bandyt yesterday letting me know that folks were asking about me, and that there were tumbleweeds and cobwebs hanging from my avatar, so I just wanted to drop a quick line or two to let you know that all is well and Im still around. LOL

Everything with me is OK, I have just been flat out SLAMMED at work. 12-14 hour days every day for weeks now, some out of state travel thrown in for flavor, and one day off (the 4th of July) over that span. Life has been wake up, work, shower, eat, sleep, get up and do it all over again for so long its not even funny. When a guy is forced to choose between eating something or smoking a cigar because he just cant stay awake long enough to get them both in, life is WAAAAY too busy and thats where Ive been at for weeks.

On the good news front, starting tomorrow I will be scooping up my daughters for a week's vacation, and when I get back from that I THINK (hope? pray?) that the crazy schedule Ive been keeping will slow down and get back to whatever passes for normal for me. Hopefully then I will be back on the forums as I normally have been.

Miss you folks, and hope all is well with all of you! :-)