Home General Discussion

overwhelmed!?

reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
just got my first order from ccom!
best of vs sampler
vegas 5 collection
and best of 2011collection
i have to say my humidor looks much better now!! my only question is....where to start??

Comments

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Great pick ups. And to answer on where to start. I would suggest you open the humi and pull a stick out. Take the cello of and go through your lighting technique and smoke it. Oh and somewhere in there, pour yourself a fabulous drink of your choice. Then sit and enjoy! Just my two cents.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good advice.. just start! It doesn't matter where! If you got a Miami in the Vegas sampler, those are some of my favorites, just sayin. Enjoy!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Is your Humi full? If not, send me your addy for safe keeping ;)
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Can't go wrong starting with the 5vegas line IMO. Make sure to save atleast 1 of each of those VS's and let them age atleast 6months. I had one left from when I first started and forgot about it in the humi! Smoked it a couple weeks ago and it was MUCH MUCH better!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Is your Humi full? If not, send me your addy for safe keeping ;)
    Don't do it! It's a trap. Don't look into the light!! ROFL!!
    On second thought, we need entertainment, give him your addy.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    actually started with the 5 vegas gold! and i was thinking i should keep a couple in there for awhile, being new i would like to taste the difference
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    actually started with the 5 vegas gold! and i was thinking i should keep a couple in there for awhile, being new i would like to taste the difference

I had a Vic Sinc for close to a year in my humi. I was BLOWN AWAY how it turned out with that much rest on it. The Gold was a great start. Did you get any of the Vic Cameroon?
    yes i did, i think next up is the vic bamboo
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    do what me and ban ban have been doing lately. just close your eyes and play that claw arcade game. it's fun
  • seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    Reggie, I know what U are going through, but, my problem is not what to smoke, my problem starts long before that point, this is the tyime of the month that i go through the C.COM CATALOG and the WEBSITE by the end of three days I have a trash can that is hidden under about 3 reams of paper, I make a list and I throw it away, I do this for three days every month. I was around when you wanted a CGAR you had only a few options. No such thing as a sample, U bought a box or U did not smoke.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Trident:
    Great pick ups. And to answer on where to start. I would suggest you open the humi and pull a stick out. Take the cello of and go through your lighting technique and smoke it. Oh and somewhere in there, pour yourself a fabulous drink of your choice. Then sit and enjoy! Just my two cents.
    Best advise ever lol your gonna burn a lot of sticks before you figure out what you preffer!! So start burning and enjoying and buying!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Trident:
    Best advise ever lol your gonna burn a lot of sticks before you figure out what you preffer!! So start burning and enjoying and buying!!

These guys are right, Reggie. I've been searching for my favorite(s) for a few years, now, and I'm still unfulfilled. Still searching. But I'll tell ya, it's been a helluva lot of enjoyment along the way. And having your favorite beverage along for the ride just makes it better.

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is always a tough choice when I open my humidor. There are the cigars I know and love and then there are the cigars that are new and I am dying to try them. Usually I judge what to smoke with what I am about to do. Am I smoking at work, grilling, hanging out on the deck, etc. Certain cigars I know I want to sit and savor while others I already know to be good are great for when I am doing an activity. Of course you could always smoke multiple sticks. The most I have ever done is 3 in a day which is just right for me.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    just got my first order from ccom! best of vs sampler vegas 5 collection and best of 2011collection i have to say my humidor looks much better now!! my only question is....where to start??
    Rock paper scissors...
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    reggie713:

Hey, a lot of people sleep on Victor Sinclair's cigars. I'm not a big fan myself. But, I wonder what you thought of that particular one. I happen to have a few left from a bundle I got almost two years ago. It was a 6` 60. I always drink sweat tea with it or water. If I remember correctly, it's mild at best medium strength. But the sweetness from the tea paired very nicely with that cigar IMO. Shoot, I wonder what the time has done to this cigar now. Hope you enjoyed it.
    I read somewhere that the bamboo is the mildest of the vs line, didn't try it yet, maybe after work!
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    reggie713:

Hey, a lot of people sleep on Victor Sinclair's cigars. I'm not a big fan myself. But, I wonder what you thought of that particular one. I happen to have a few left from a bundle I got almost two years ago. It was a 6` 60. I always drink sweat tea with it or water. If I remember correctly, it's mild at best medium strength. But the sweetness from the tea paired very nicely with that cigar IMO. Shoot, I wonder what the time has done to this cigar now. Hope you enjoyed it.
    I think with most inexpensive sticks, they need lots of rest. I had a VS Cameroon Boxpress sitting for close to a year. Smooth, not a ton of flavor or change/complexity but it was VERY sweet.
    thanx for all the input, ive been going with the grab and go routine! although i did pick out a few to age for a few months!!