Home Non Cigar Related

My ramblings are at an end.

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
I finally reached the point where friends were actually concerned for my health, mental of course, so I removed all of the offensive content from my ramblings thread.
For those who showed genuine concern....................

I am well.

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    RBeckom:
    I finally reached the point where friends were actually concerned for my health, mental of course, so I removed all of the offensive content from my ramblings thread.

I am well.
    Say's you LMAO.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rave on, brother, we're with you
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:

I am well.
    Mr Beckom, check your PM please.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    RBeckom:

I am well.
    Say's you LMAO.
    LOL
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    .. I must have missed your ramblings.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    .. I must have missed your ramblings.

You did not really miss much.
    The entire thread was simply an experiment on the psychology of a mass based forum and what if any were the limits of what was considered taboo within the members of said forum.
    The findings?
    People will accept almost anything except issues dealing with domestic abuse.
    From my experiment I concluded that:
    As long as the attention is drawn away from matters within the home environment and what is considered private matters people will read and enjoy, even if considered macabre, almost anything written.
    A fun and informative experiment.
    The insanity began on: 5/18 and ran through 7/27 with a post count of just over 4800 views.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm....histrionic personality disorder----take 2 Zoloft and call me in the morning.
    Vulchor:
    Hmmmm....histrionic personality disorder----take 2 Zoloft and call me in the morning.

I have been taking Celexa for over two years now.
    :-)
    How is it? Ive thought of switching to it as zoloft if ok, and paxil I hate-----lol, who wouldve known?
    Vulchor:
    How is it? Ive thought of switching to it as zoloft if ok, and paxil I hate-----lol, who wouldve known?

It is actually a good choice. Works great and is fairly priced. My major depressive episodes are far between and few now.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    People also get up in arms for a lot of things. Especially joking about disasters and say even the most recent theater killings. For instance at another place I said that the federal government shouldn't give any relief to the farmers for their crops since most of them (states) vote for the republicans all the time which are all about limited government and that we should all take care of ourselves but when something like drought for flooding happens or Fire they are all about government help. Completely ridiculousness.
    But why do people have a natural tendency to avoid subjects such as domestic abuse?
    I will actively seek an answer for this topic.
    It is curious and intriguing.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im pissed at this thread.

oh wait... the experiment is over.
    damn

Certain things are just hot button issues that offend people.....for instance, I never get a laugh when I meet a battered woman and ask the joke...."You look famailiar....have you ever been raped?"-----------------too far?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Certain things are just hot button issues that offend people.....for instance, I never get a laugh when I meet a battered woman and ask the joke...."You look famailiar....have you ever been raped?"-----------------too far?

Boy, and I thought my sense of humor was a bit wierd.... LOL

kuzi16:
    im pissed at this thread.

oh wait... the experiment is over.
    damn

But why are you peeved at this thread?
    This is the answer that I seek.
    Why take offence now?