Home Non Cigar Related

Looks like we are at the end...

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
As some of you already know, my Father-in-Law Steve, has been battling a brain tumor since April 9, 2011. He was initially given 6-9 months, but he has fought it for nearly 16. He is a tough guy.

It looks like we are at the end of this battle. He is still holding on, but all the signs are pointing to these being his final days.

I just want to thank you guys for all the support over the last year and a half... I want to single out MTuccelli and James40 for their help and support. True Brothers. I appreciate all of you guys.

He needs to be at peace, but this is going to be a tough process...

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always a tough process, my friend. I don't think there is such a thing as being totally prepared to see a loved one pass. I think of myself as a fairly tough guy but even I get very emotional at times like that. Prayers and good thoughts to you and yours, Rob.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Robby, I know we talked a little bit about it at the game but I just want you to know if you need anything give me ring. Prayers brother.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    sorry to hear Robby. Will be praying for you. I lost a very close family member 16 years ago. Still really hard to think and reflect on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I'm sorry to hear this Rob. I'm sure he will be missed and I wish you and your families peace and comfort. Please let me know if you need anything.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Damn....know the feeling, happened to my little sister. The last few months were hell, my family held together as best we could. I will pray for his peace and for your family's well being Rob. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    I'm sorry to hear this Rob. I'm sure he will be missed and I wish you and your families peace and comfort. Please let me know if you need anything.
    +1 on the if I can do anything for you. I'm practically your neighbor
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers to you and your family Rob. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear my man. My prayers are with you and your family. If I also can do anything please feel free to ask.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    You and your wife have my sympathies as well as my prayers for her father.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Continued prayers for you and your family. If you all need anything please let me know
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Thanks for the support guys... it's going to be a tough week, but we'll get through it... you best believe I'll be logging on to the forums when I need a good laugh... you guys and all your antics always cheer me up
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    You and your family are in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts are with you and your family, I know what you are going through as I type this.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man so sorry to hear this Robby. I pray his last days will be painless and you and your family are coping well. May God recieve him with open arms.
    He passed during the night... he was peaceful with his family at his side... truly the kindest, most patient man I've ever known...

We visited the USS Iowa earlier this year... one of the many things were able to do during his last few months with us...

2012-02-18_12-23-30_712

thanks for the support guys... I'm sad that he is gone, but I know he is in a better place... my 1st, 2nd and 3rd priorities right now are my family and giving them whatever they need... your support and kind words give me the strength to do that... thanks guys
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Deepest condolences, Rob.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Praying that the God of grace and comfort be with you and your family ad meet you exactly where you are. Will be praying you today brother.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Our thoughts are with you Rob. He left with his family at his side for comfort, they way we would all like to depart this world.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob, I'm sorry to hear about this - my thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family, and everyone who knew Steve.

Thank you for sharing the picture as well - as long as your family remembers the good times like the one you wrote about above, he will forever live on in your hearts.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Robby, gald you got to be with the family during this time and may rest easy in a better place. Prayers.
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    I am very sorry for you and your family. I lost my sister a little over a month ago. It doesnt get easier, but like john said it helps to remember the good and happy times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Rob, my condolences on your loss. May he RIP and his memory live on. From what you've told me, he was a great and loving family man. I hope you and your family find peace and comfort. I will be sending you something soon.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really sorry to hear about your loss.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this sad news, Brother. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • You and your family have my condolences. I know I don't know you, but if there's anything I can do from Michigan, PM me. Again, I'm very sorry to hear about this. One day you will be together again. Just keep that in the back of your mind. Stay strong.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Godspeed to your pops-in-law. Condolences to you and your family.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Robby, heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

My dad fought the fight in 2006 and held on until we got back from Iraq. His last words were "I had to make sure you brought all your Soldiers back".
    thanks for the support guys. I've been with the fam for the last few days... I had to come back to get some work done, but things are actually going pretty well... it's not easy, but everyone is being strong... the service won't be for a few weeks and that will be tough, but for now things are ok...

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear the family's holding up brother my prayers are with you and your family.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    My Condolences to you and your family, I am praying for you as you go through this trying time.