Home Non Cigar Related

NBC Olympics Coverage SUQS!!!!!!!!!!!

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
It's basically un-watchable.....
Shoulda been ABC and ESPN
CBS would have been better..........even (gasp!) FOX!!!

carry on..............

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBS would of been better.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I WANT WOMEN'S SAND VOLLEYBALL.... NOW!!!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three commercials every two points. I'm done.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm more for the winter games anyways
    Money can't buy taste
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I've turned to recording the events and watching it later, sans commercials.
    The boxing is a travesty. Pitty pat with headgear and oversized gloves. Those swimmers have got shoulders and chests so enormous that it makes them look like pinheads. Unreal. Still haven't seen any track and field. Looking forward to that. Discus, by Jove.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    And the women in sand volleyball are wearing long sleeve pants and shirts. What's up with that?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    And the women in sand volleyball are wearing long sleeve pants and shirts. What's up with that?
    I know! what gives?!?!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    beatnic:
    I know! what gives?!?!
    Must be a little cooler there, average summer temps only mid to upper 70s That must be too chilly for the beach girls.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    danielzreyes:
    beatnic:
    I know! what gives?!?!
    Must be a little cooler there, average summer temps only mid to upper 70s That must be too chilly for the beach girls.
    I think you hit the nail on the head, kaspera79.
    The other day, I skimmed an article about how some of the events are being changed or rescheduled due to weather concerns and that the athletes' were going to have alternate uniforms as well in case the weather was bad....
    They seem to be turning into a cluter f*** this year. But I'm more of a winter-olympics fan anyways.
    EDIT: FWIW, found the Article HERE :
    "Sebastian Coe, the chairman of the Games, said this week that some of the Olympic sites outside London were “waterlogged,” and he urged spectators to wear raincoats and rubber boots. Should the bad weather continue, even the beach volleyball players will be allowed to change out of their bikinis — one of the things that many spectators appear to like best about them — and into “long pants and/or tops,” officials said. "

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    They are in England, where it rains a lot, and temps are cool most of the time. So far the weather has been about what I was expecting. My only complaint is that, while I'm glad to be able to keep up with the US athelets, there are a LOT of good atheletes from other countries, and I really wish we could see more events that highlight the best, regardless of nationality.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    They are in England, where it rains a lot, and temps are cool most of the time. So far the weather has been about what I was expecting. My only complaint is that, while I'm glad to be able to keep up with the US athelets, there are a LOT of good atheletes from other countries, and I really wish we could see more events that highlight the best, regardless of nationality.
    I agree. The whole idea is to see the best the world has in every sport, not just those sports your country expects to win. Also, wish NBC's commentators for swimming could go 20 minutes without mentioning Phelps. Yes, he is really good, but I want you to call the current race, not talk about how much he would dominate these women in racing.

On a side note to that, wait until people catch their breath before interviewing them...believe it or not, most athletes can give you intelligent responses and analysis of their performances instead of the usual "I did my best" when they are fighting to get oxygen to their brains.
    jthanatos:
    On a side note to that, wait until people catch their breath before interviewing them...believe it or not, most athletes can give you intelligent responses and analysis of their performances instead of the usual "I did my best" when they are fighting to get oxygen to their brains.
    What else do you expect? They send out their football sideline girls, trained to hold a mike and ask: "How does it feel?" If you gave Suzie an intelligent response she wouldn't know what to do with it.

Me, I'm looking forward to sarcasm becoming an Olympic sport. Hey, couldn't be any worse than badminton.

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    What else do you expect? They send out their football sideline girls, trained to hold a mike and ask: "How does it feel?" If you gave Suzie an intelligent response she wouldn't know what to do with it.

Me, I'm looking forward to sarcasm becoming an Olympic sport. Hey, couldn't be any worse than badminton.
    You shut your dirty mouth....badminton is awesome.

But seriously, I want intelligent interviews. They have plenty of former competitors on staff, use them. I always wonder if the dumbing down of TV is entirely based on what the public is demanding, or if it is just as much that the networks figured out what is cheapest to produce, and tells us it is what we want.