Home Non Cigar Related

Mad and Upset

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
I am royally pissed off this morning now... I was all excited because my wife and I were going to get tickets that went on sale this morning to go see Tool in concert on July 25th for our aniversary. I was on the site and on the phone non stop from the time they went on sale through ticketmaster and they were sold the f**k out before I could get through. Tool is our favorite band of all time and she has never been to a concert at all. I am very dissapointed by this today. I really wanted to do this for my wife. Just had to vent a little...

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ill see if i can get tickets up here and you can take a road (plane) trip up here. well go to the show, have a good smoke. itll be fun. my wife and i like tool as well.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    That sucks. Try again, sometimes additional blocks of tickets go on sale, or tickets that were held become available. If all else fails, Craigslist. I've bought tickets to sold out shows on ebay or craigslist for a fraction of face value, usually close to the concert when speculators are trying to unload, or peoples plans change.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    that bites! try stub hub if you don't go and visit Kuzi and his wife.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    ill see if i can get tickets up here and you can take a road (plane) trip up here. well go to the show, have a good smoke. itll be fun. my wife and i like tool as well.
    That would be a blast. They are only doing 5-6 shows across the entire country and my wife has wanted to see Tool for years! I've seen them twice so this really wasn't for me as much as it was for her. I'm going to check around and see if I can find a couple tickets though.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Try to see if they have any more tickets for the Utah or Colorado concerts, its been a few days, but I did see some floating around the internet not too long ago.

Still waiting on a concert to come near California...
    I've seen Tool twice and they honestly put on the best live show of any band I've seen. They are one of the few that sound just as good live as they do on their CD's.
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Ticketmaster is the reason I quit going to concerts. I haven't been to a concert that is handled by ticketmaster in about 9 years.
    This deal wasn't even Ticketmasters fault. This was 95% due to scalpers I promise. Scalpers should be drug out and shot when they are caught...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Damn indians ...I thought we killed them all off back in the old west days...whooops...wrong scalpers...my bad !!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Apparently the shortage of Tool tickets has led to quite the uproar. Link
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    as a Phish phan I know all about this headache. It is so bad that they have a ticket request lottery in advance of ticketmaster sales. you request tickets and IF you get lucky you get the tickets you request. if not wake up a 9:00am on a saturday morning and get on ticketmaster at exactly 10:00am and try to beat everyone else to the overly worked ticketmaster server. I tried to get tickets for the Phish reunion shows back in March both ways and ultimately failed. Got lucky for the summer tour and got tickets for the show closest to home.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Hey Puro, if you don't mind the drive or flight, Tool just released a few more dates near you: JULY 21 - PHOENIX, AZ - US AIRWAYS ARENA - ON SALE MAY 30
    JULY 22 - RIO RANCHO, NM - SANTA ANA STAR CENTER - ON SALE MAY 30
    JULY 24 - SAN ANTONIO, TX - AT@T CENTER - ON SALE MAY 30
    Hopefully these won't sell out quite as fast, depending on if they release another date near California in the next 10 days, I'll probably be going to the Phoenix one.