Home Cigar 101

Anyone had/heard of this cigar?

2»

Comments

• It's not my product. I have no vested interest in the cigar. I don't care if you smoke it or not. I am a real estate broker. I just like cigars. But I can see that you are a moron by your comments and the conclusions that you can draw from reading messages in this forum. So I will end this conversation with you and wish you the best.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Hey buddy I reallly tried to give you good advice but instead you just insulted a member with a lot higher standing in the forum that urself. Basically in less than 10 posts you've upset some people. I would leave this Stephano cigar thing alone if you want to be taken at all serous on this forum. The part Im still scratching my head about is that you compared this unheard of cigar by a unheard of blender to a Cohiba Behlke a cigar you report you have smoked before. So my comment to your conclusion is how due you make this comparision and then call someone else a moron? I am very confused by this.. And also how do you say that this guy is making some of the best cigars in the world when no body has heard of him. Is this your opinion?
  • This gentleman you speak of read a post by me and someone else and decided I was a liar and employee of a lounge in San Diego. Neither which is the truth. In any case, I will not post here in your forum about this topic again. I stand by my remarks about the cigar. I'm not entirely sure where the cigar originates but I don't think that it is all from Costa Rica. You may not of heard of the blender because most of his product is new but I'm sure you will in the future. If you copy and paste the podcast I posted you will hear other opinions other than mine. I'm sorry that I called anyone a moron. That was out of line. I don't like how someone can read a few lines in a forum and accuse anyone of what I was accused of. Please do me a favor and listen to the podcast and let me know what you think.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, uh, welcome to the forum, Steve. Why don't we start all over, talking about anything but the cigar you mentioned... How's that sound? For all we know, you could be an okay guy who just got off to a bit of a rocky start. Speaking of rocky, how do you feel about cigars by Rocky Patel? Or A.J. Fernandez? Don Pepin Garcia?

I used to really like most of Rocky's stuff but then he's turned a bit wonky on us lately and now I'm not so sure about him. What are some of your opinions?
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SteveFraioli:
    This gentleman you speak of read a post by me and someone else and decided I was a liar and employee of a lounge in San Diego. Neither which is the truth. In any case, I will not post here in your forum about this topic again. I stand by my remarks about the cigar. I'm not entirely sure where the cigar originates but I don't think that it is all from Costa Rica. You may not of heard of the blender because most of his product is new but I'm sure you will in the future. If you copy and paste the podcast I posted you will hear other opinions other than mine. I'm sorry that I called anyone a moron. That was out of line. I don't like how someone can read a few lines in a forum and accuse anyone of what I was accused of. Please do me a favor and listen to the podcast and let me know what you think.
    Put yourself in our shoes. 2 people sign up the same day, posting about the same cigar, from the same place and post about the exact same cigar shop. And we're supposed to think that's a coincidence?

As was stated, this is an unheard of cigar, by an unheard of person.
    What are we supposed to think?
    They have no website, no advertising, no known affiliation with any other blender/maker.
    So you have to understand our skepticism.

Also, a bit advice.......Someone selling things should use a bit more thought in what they post. A customer or future customer may be reading or come across what you write and it may influence whether they purchase something from you.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    SteveFraioli:
    This gentleman you speak of read a post by me and someone else and decided I was a liar and employee of a lounge in San Diego. Neither which is the truth. In any case, I will not post here in your forum about this topic again. I stand by my remarks about the cigar. I'm not entirely sure where the cigar originates but I don't think that it is all from Costa Rica. You may not of heard of the blender because most of his product is new but I'm sure you will in the future. If you copy and paste the podcast I posted you will hear other opinions other than mine. I'm sorry that I called anyone a moron. That was out of line. I don't like how someone can read a few lines in a forum and accuse anyone of what I was accused of. Please do me a favor and listen to the podcast and let me know what you think.
    Put yourself in our shoes. 2 people sign up the same day, posting about the same cigar, from the same place and post about the exact same cigar shop. And we're supposed to think that's a coincidence?

They have no website, no advertising, no known affiliation with any other blender/maker.

Also, a bit advice.......Someone selling things should use a bit more thought in what they post. A customer or future customer may be reading or come across what you write and it may influence whether they purchase something from you.
    1+ you took the words right out of my mouth
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    SteveFraioli:

Pretty much this.

On a side note, I always get concerned when the only thing anyone will say about a cigar (or whisky, or food item) is that it tastes just like X much rarer and more expensive item. Especially if that premium is hard to get for comparison. Not only does it usually indicate the product can't stand on its own flavors, but in this case, it is a meaningless statement for me. I have never had a Behike (or any cuban for that matter), so I would want actual tasting notes. Just my two cents.
  • Bklyn78Bklyn78 Posts: 65
    My first ever cigar was a cuban. Smoked 2 different Romeo Y Julieta as they were gifted to me. That was 3 years ago. Haven't had a cuban since I still remember how well it smoked and how smooth and very enjoyable it was. I'm going to canada and I'm hoping to score a few behike. So send a few my way and I'll tell everyone how said cigar compares to a true cuban.
  • This is a cigar sold in Germany the brand is Don Stefano and they carry several lines. I am not familiar with their products but was able to find a listing for the company. From what little German I know I believe they are Honduran. They have some rather striking blue packaging.

Hope this helps everyone,
    ChazE
  • Paul Bugge of Germany carries this cigar. Their site is slightly more readable than most. Name is link.