Home Non Cigar Related

Interesting! They pulled an entire thread.

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
It seems talking about the 2nd Amendment gets some folks nervous.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it was my "Hoarders, buried alive" comment that did it. i mean, a rusty seized up .22 is a bit much for anyone to handle.
    im sorry if i offended anyone implying that they arent taking care of their guns.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    kuzi16:
    it was my "Hoarders, buried alive" comment that did it. i mean, a rusty seized up .22 is a bit much for anyone to handle.
    im sorry if i offended anyone implying that they arent taking care of their guns.
    Thanks, Kuzi. The thought of a nice gun succumbing rust IS very offensive...
    bigjohn125:
    kuzi16:
    this thread makes me wanna clean my ruger 10/22
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    bigjohn125:
    kuzi16:
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    kuzi16:
    bigjohn125:
    kuzi16:
    Just reminded me that it's been awhile since I cleaned and oiled my .45; time to break out the Hoppes.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I think I may have missed something interesting.
    ?????
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    kuzi16:
    bigjohn125:
    kuzi16:
    Just reminded me that it's been awhile since I cleaned and oiled my .45; time to break out the Hoppes.
    Good idea, I have several to clean, and some ammo to buy. Not stockpiling, just running low, and fall's coming.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    xmacro:
    kuzi16:
    bigjohn125:
    kuzi16:
    Good idea, I have several to clean, and some ammo to buy. Not stockpiling, just running low, and fall's coming.
    Cant wait! Already started to clear my lanes and finished the maintenance of my deer stands
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I have been informed that someone posted a "threatening" statement on the thread. It wasn't an issue with our discussion of the 2nd Amendment. I stand corrected. We all argue issues, but this post went too far. It was taken down, rightfully so.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I have been informed that someone posted a "threatening" statement on the thread. It wasn't an issue with our discussion of the 2nd Amendment. I stand corrected. We all argue issues, but this post went too far. It was taken down, rightfully so.
    Agreed .two things i will never get into a debt about are religion and politics
  • America...where people have more sympathy for the criminals then their own citizens.
    beatnic:
    i wonder if the mods told the person in question. oh well
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    He knows who he is Kuz
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    What in the heck did I miss? How does a whole thread get deleted??
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    It happens exactly like this Jason.

*Puff of smoke* Enter the Moderator. He is seen by no man, heard by no man, yet in his wake threads are torn asunder never to be seen again. Stealth like a ninja, precision like a samurai. And he is gone *Puff of smoke*

At least that's my imagining of it. Begs the question though...if a moderator deletes a thread and nobody sees it, did it ever really exist?
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    j0z3r:
    Smokindaddy:

*Puff of smoke* Enter the Moderator. He is seen by no man, heard by no man, yet in his wake threads are torn asunder never to be seen again. Stealth like a ninja, precision like a samurai. And he is gone *Puff of smoke*

At least that's my imagining of it. Begs the question though...if a moderator deletes a thread and nobody sees it, did it ever really exist?
    I see exactly what you saying Joe, just like a tree falling in the forrest and no bodys around, does it make a sound. These mods are super sneaky lol
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    He knows who he is Kuz
    Yup
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    j0z3r:
    Smokindaddy:

I see exactly what you saying Joe, just like a tree falling in the forrest and no bodys around, does it make a sound. These mods are super sneaky lol
    Even sneakier: If a man speaks in the forest, and there is no woman there to hear it, is he still wrong?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Smokindaddy:
    j0z3r:
    Smokindaddy:

Even sneakier: If a man speaks in the forest, and there is no woman there to hear it, is he still wrong?
    That question can be debated with the same vigor as the chicken and the egg.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Depends on whether a man or a woman is asking the question.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Amos Umwhat:

Hey, Tony, shouldn't your signature line read "Alcohol is for drinking, gas is for cleaning parts, nitro is for racing, and Diesel is for smoking"? Jus' wonderin'......

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    0patience:
    Amos Umwhat:

Hey, Tony, shouldn't your signature line read "Alcohol is for drinking, gas is for cleaning parts, nitro is for racing, and Diesel is for smoking"? Jus' wonderin'......

What you talkin about? It does! ROFL!!
    I like it!! I'm using it! Thanks!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    The buffalonian:
    beatnic:
    Agreed .two things i will never get into a debt about are religion and politics
    best typo ever?

Also, I didn't do it. I swear.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Now I'm curious as to what was said . . . someone tell me or I'll cut your pretty faces!!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    So we can't threaten each other anymore? WTF? What happened to the good years way back when threats were a common factor, though none of us meant anything. I remember heated debates with puro... hehe. This place is getting too PC.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    So we can't threaten each other anymore? WTF? What happened to the good years way back when threats were a common factor, though none of us meant anything. I remember heated debates with puro... hehe. This place is getting too PC.

What if we threatened only ourselves?
    Will that too be banished to the world of never been?