Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Camacho Diplomat Robusto (I think...)

Man... had a freakin' good day today... ran across a local B&M I didn't know about while running errands today, which turned out to be another location of Signature Cigars, except unlike the one near where I work this one had a much nicer location, and the guy working there was much more friendly and helpful (the other one wasn't unfriendly, but he seemed very spaced out and a bit... pothead-ish).

So I saw they had the Camacho Diplomat, and since kuzi mentioned it was strong enough to make you hurl, I had to pick one up (I'm a sucker for punishment like that).

Now, I have to say that between this and the 1962 that was in... I can't remember if it was in CCOM's 5 for 5 deal or the latest CotMC... either way, I am now a fan of Camacho. I had my bag with the Diplomat and a Coyolar perfecto sitting in one of the cupholders for the rest of my errand run, and it had the most wonderful aroma. Had to wait until after I got home from class to smoke it, but the wait was worth it. Upon lighting it I noticed a very strong flavor that I've only so far been able to describe as "classic tobacco", like if you took a big whiff of a pouch of unflavored pipe tobacco and turned that smell into a flavor, a lot of wood and a little leather/spice. The burn was almost picturesquely even most of the time, and the draw was just right. After I had a few puffs to acquaint myself with the flavor of the cigar, I cracked a bottle of Killian's Irish Red and after that I was set.

Needless to say, this cigar did NOT make me hurl, although it did give me a nice cigar-buzz, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who likes strong cigars.

P.S. Now that I think about it, I had a Camacho last summer, but I can't remember which one it was. It had a very dark wrapper (probably maduro), was box pressed in something like 6.5 x 50, and had leather and black pepper as the two main flavors. I remember that one also being very good... if anyone can help me ID it that would be awesome.

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I don't know anything about Camacho cigars. I just wanted to say I'm glad you had a great day. We should all have more of them.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you run across them in your travels gott, I'd recommend trying out the Camacho Triple Maduro. This is a pretty rich tasting cigar, and I think it could very easily tie your stomach in knots if you didn't have some food to weigh it down. And if madurofan comments on this, don't listen to him.... he's got it out for the Triple Maduro. :D
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    And if madurofan comments on this, don't listen to him.... he's got it out for the Triple Maduro. :D
    And gurkha...
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I saw those too. Definitely on my list. Going to wait a month or two, though, until I have a fair amount of space in my humi before buying any more. Just had to try the Diploma for kicks.