Home General Discussion

Eat, Drink, Smoke

urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
A topic that has come up here and there recently in several threads is the subject of good things to eat and/or drink while smoking, or while smoking a particular cigar, or for between cigars. This seemed like a big enough and interesting enough topic to rate its very ownest thread, so here is just such a thread.

Have at it! Meanwhile, I'll try to collect the recent posts on the subject from their various original threads, and quote them here, if the authors don't object.

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Scrambler:
    Tonight it's a 5 Vegas Miami, with an iced cafe au lait. mmmm.
    Scrambler:
    Tonight I am smoking a Gurkha Regent tht came in my PIF from Kuzi. Great stick, my first Gurkha.

I paired it with a nice tall, ice cold glass of chocolate milk. I read somewhere that chocolate milk is supposed to great with cigars. I thought it sounded crazy at first, but decided to give it a try. Not bad at all...
    gott.des.feuer:
    Upon lighting [the Camacho Diplomat] I noticed a very strong flavor that I've only so far been able to describe as "classic tobacco", like if you took a big whiff of a pouch of unflavored pipe tobacco and turned that smell into a flavor, a lot of wood and a little leather/spice. The burn was almost picturesquely even most of the time, and the draw was just right. After I had a few puffs to acquaint myself with the flavor of the cigar, I cracked a bottle of Killian's Irish Red and after that I was set.
    madurofan:
    RP Edge Maduro Torpedo by itself. When I need a bourbon AND a cigar its Evan Williams Single Barrel or Elijiah Craig and a CAO MX-2
    kuzi16:
    good water is (i think) the best drink for cigars.
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    I like coffee, but water is definitely my preferred drink with a cigar.
    im not a huge cameroon guy when it comes to cigars but i hear that cameroon wrappers go well with coffee... more so than most cigars.
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    Interesting. I'll definitely have to try that, since I'm a Hemingway guy.
    classic combo: Kona and a short story.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Cigars taste good with milk or scotch ? See they are not just for breakfast anymore.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Cigars taste good with milk or scotch ? See they are not just for breakfast anymore.
    scotch for breakfast? now you're talkin!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    oh BTW, scrambler, im glad you like the gurkha. May there be many more.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    oh BTW, scrambler, im glad you like the gurkha. May there be many more.
    I had bought a Gurkha once (dont remember which kind), but a buddy snagged it from my travel humi out at the shooting range before I had a chance. I have my COTMC first month sampler, but I don't even know where to start with those...

I have a couple of well rested RP Edge too (one is the old style without a band), so maybe I can settle the Rocky Patel v. Gurkha controversy once and for all...
    kuzi16:
    kaspera79:
    scotch for breakfast? now you're talkin!!!
    Yeah, a nice single malt is especially good when poured over corn flakes. With a cigar.
    Scrambler:
    maybe I can settle the Rocky Patel v. Gurkha controversy once and for all...
    Please do. It's like playing "Red Rover" around here. With a cigar. And I can't run worth **** with a cigar in my mouth.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Scrambler:
    maybe I can settle the Rocky Patel v. Gurkha controversy once and for all...
    Please do. It's like playing "Red Rover" around here. With a cigar. And I can't run worth **** with a cigar in my mouth.
    LMAO ... I don't advise running with a cigar in your mouth it would be a waste of a fine relaxing cigar.