Home Non Cigar Related

No anesthetics?? Are you kidding me?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
So it's been hotter than a popcorn fart here for the last week.
Ok, for our area. And since I work hard, I sweat a lot.
It isn't like I'm heavy or anything, in fact, pretty much the opposite.
Anyway, to the point.

Saturday morning, I get up and there is a lump in my arm pit. So it really started to concern me.
This morning, it was huge and really getting red. So I call up the doctor and get an appointment.
Seems it was an abscess. A nasty little bugger. So the doctor (I've known him for about 25 years) says, "Oh, we'll have to lance that." I'm thinking, Ok, where's the shot?
He brings out this scalpel and says "lift your arm."
Wait Dude!! Where's the anesthetic??
No anesthetic. He cuts my freakin armpit and then proceeds to squeeze the abscess. OUCH!!!
Then bandages it up and hands me a prescription for antibiotics.
That's it?? You *&^*&^$(%#^&!!

I'm pretty sure he enjoyed seeing me in pain. Did I mention he WAS a good friend of mine? LOL!

If you sweat a lot, be careful, those abscess things are literally a pain.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    I've been there but it was behind my knee and it hurts like fudge
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ouch. I get lumps/large pimple like things under my arms once and a while, they always go away. I figured they were just a pimple or something.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heat a beer bottle good and hot. Poke the thing with anything super sharp and pointy. No need to worry about antiseptic considering what's in there. Stick the hot bottle mouth on it. As the bottle cools, it sucks out the sanguineous purulent exudate. Try not to watch. Works.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    At first I thought you may have had some gland issues. Good thing it wasn't. I bet it hurts to put deodorant on now. Walk it off bro... :-)
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Heat a beer bottle good and hot. Poke the thing with anything super sharp and pointy. No need to worry about antiseptic considering what's in there. Stick the hot bottle mouth on it. As the bottle cools, it sucks out the sanguineous purulent exudate. Try not to watch. Works.
    What about the burn from the beer bottle? Just curious...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hot... not hot enough to burn your foolish flesh duh
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)