Home Cigar 101
Options

Humidifier question

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I've got 2 humicare large rectangle gel humidifiers. I've been using just destilled water with them and what I'm wondering is will they work more efficiently with a 50/50 solution?

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Not sure what you meant here Rhamlin. Did you mean the 70/70 solution that comes in a bottle, or whipping up a batch of stuff thats 50% distilled, 50% solution?

Either way, the prop glycol in solution will serve to keep your humidity down a bit, whereas using just distilled will bring it up a couple percentage points. Thats how it seems to work out for me anyway. So I guess the answer to the question (if Im understanding it correctly LOL) will depend on where your RH is sitting using just the distilled. If youre looking to bring it down a few points, try out some solution. If its looking good doing what you're doing, maybe just let it ride.

MORE INFO NEEDED! LOL

• Options
    Yeah that's what I was meaning. Guess I'll get me some solution and try that. Because everytime I charge them the humidity goes up to 72-75% . Thanks for the reply Brother.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Rhamlin you should look into 65 or 70rh conservagel beads next time you need something to spend 25 bucks on. That's 1 pound plus shipping and you will be FULLY satisfied. Best choice I made was switching from gel to beads, as far as set n forget reliability. Never have to worry for 3 years or so now.
  • Options
    I've been mulling that over to.