Home General Discussion

What happened to the Medium Sampler pack?!

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Just 2 days ago I found it and it sounded like it had some really great smokes in it - but today as I go to buy it along with a few others, it's not only Sold out, but it's completely missing from the site. Why was it de-listed? Are there any plans to bring it back?

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    It might have gotten uprooted in preparation for father's day . The put out a few new samplers, too.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Call and ask. Ccom is usually good at offering deals that used to be available. Tim is the man. Give him a call.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I emailed Tim about the old Medium sampler and was referred to a newer medium sampler instead. I found out that the Medium pack I liked so much has been replaced by a different version; the Gurkha Regent is replaced by a Micro-batch, the Padilla was replaced by something inferior. Screw it - I liked the old one quite a bit, but it seems to have been replaced by a cheaper sampler. I'm dropping it from my order
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Dude that Medium sampler is pretty good looking! What inferior stick are saying replaced the Padilla? The only stick I would even remotely say could be deemed inferior in there is the Partagas but its not a cheap stick.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    This looks like a pretty decent sampler to me. RP Vintage '90, Oliva Serie G, Torano Exodus Silver '59. I've heard good things about the others. To answer your original question, it looks like they put out a different sampler pack every couple of months, and review them in the catalog.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Be advised that we put out 8 catalogs a year. In each catalog we review and rate 24 cigars, 8 each of mild, medium and full. In conjunction, we make a mild, medium and full bodied sampler of 8 cigars each that use the same contents allowing customers to puchase the featured cigars and smoke and read along with our tasting notes. As the catalog changes, so do the samplers contents and the price depending on what we are rating. This keeps it fresh for guys who are loyal to one flavor profile and will give them different things to try throughout the year. I apologize if this created any problems.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Be advised that we put out 8 catalogs a year. In each catalog we review and rate 24 cigars, 8 each of mild, medium and full. In conjunction, we make a mild, medium and full bodied sampler of 8 cigars each that use the same contents allowing customers to puchase the featured cigars and smoke and read along with our tasting notes. As the catalog changes, so do the samplers contents and the price depending on what we are rating. This keeps it fresh for guys who are loyal to one flavor profile and will give them different things to try throughout the year. I apologize if this created any problems.
    Maybe you could consider putting run times on your samplers. When you open up the page for that sampler it will tell you that it is available from March 1 - June 1 or somethign like that. Just a thought to avoid confusion.