Home Ratings & Reviews

Brevas recommendations

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
Anyome got some? Ita hard to sneak in a corona with some of the drunks I hang out with. Preferably long filler if it exists, ISOM is fine too. Let me know guys

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked a half dozen acceptable brevas since I discovered they exist. Muniemakers and Tuscaroras come to mind. But I don't know where you'd buy them out there. Rough little things good for a quick hit.

What's the issue, is it just time? How bout a bolt?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Cat, don't know if you tried the JFOO yet. Butt-ugly, but super tasty.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    I love those bro. Time is the issue, and I actually enjoy the Origens with a little rest lol. It's my favorite yardgar hands down. I'm looking for something in the 4x32-4x40 range. I might actually grab some cheap ISOM. Basically I need a 20 minute smoke. Working bars and hanging with drunks, I rarely get the time to sit down for an hour and smoke.
    webmost:
    Smoked a half dozen acceptable brevas since I discovered they exist. Muniemakers and Tuscaroras come to mind. But I don't know where you'd buy them out there. Rough little things good for a quick hit.

What's the issue, is it just time? How bout a bolt?

Time is the issue, what's a bolt? I was actually thinking about picking up a pipe.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    A pipe might make a good companion and it can be relit. As far as good smokes in your 4X40ish range, I love the Cohoba Pequenos which are 4.1X36. These still take me a little longer then the 20 min. you are looking for but very good. The CAO LX2 Razor which is 4X36 are great as well. Also,a great just simple tobacco taste is the Hoyo de Monterrey in the the Demitasse at 4X39 or the Petit but it is a little longer 4.7X31. Good value here as a box can be found on sale for like $21.00.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Have you heard of the new Liga Privada Papas Fritas? They are 4x44 i think... two of my guys just did a video review on them which I will post today. it's a short filler stick, but they use the leftovers from the Liga #9... they com in tins of 10... not sure of the MSRP... I'll let you know when the vid is live
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By bolt I mean a 4" robusto. Bought a bolt Panacea couple weeks back for instance. 4 x 50
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    My suggestion would be the Don Pepin Blue Demitasse. Tat Miami has one in that size also, great smokes at a decent price. I think the blues are like a benny for 30 smokes. Both are in a size smaller than a corona.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pardon my noobiness, but what is a Brevas? After reading through the thread, I'm assuming it's a small/short cigar...yes?

If so....have you tried the 101 Namakubi Papi Chulo. It's a 4x42, good 30 min smoke.
    Jim sent me a couple last week and I loved this little sucker. I'd say it's a solid medium body smoke with a bit of spiciness to it. It reminded me of the Camacho Connecticut.
    I think box pricing for these works out to be about $5/stick ... if that's in your price range I'd say they're definitely worth a look.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Pardon my noobiness, but what is a Brevas? After reading through the thread, I'm assuming it's a small/short cigar...yes?

If so....have you tried the 101 Namakubi Papi Chulo. It's a 4x42, good 30 min smoke.
    Jim sent me a couple last week and I loved this little sucker. I'd say it's a solid medium body smoke with a bit of spiciness to it. It reminded me of the Camacho Connecticut.
    I think box pricing for these works out to be about $5/stick ... if that's in your price range I'd say they're definitely worth a look.
    Brevas=4x32 I believe, which is what i am looking for specifically. And honestly, I really do not want to spend much on them. There are Cubans I can get for about $2 a stick that will fit the need, I was jsut curious if anyone has one they like. The blue sounds great, but that is a bit up there. The Hoyo might fit just do it, as I actually like that blend.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    jgibv:

Brevas=4x32 I believe, which is what i am looking for specifically. And honestly, I really do not want to spend much on them. There are Cubans I can get for about $2 a stick that will fit the need, I was jsut curious if anyone has one they like. The blue sounds great, but that is a bit up there. The Hoyo might fit just do it, as I actually like that blend.
    Thanks for clarifying, Dustin. And with that, I learned something new today.
    Good luck on your search, brother. I've never smoked any "real" cigars that were this small (unless you count bandidos or backwoods) so I don't have any other suggestions for ya.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

All good bro, there is actualy quitea few ISOM in the 4x32-40 range. Piedra is one brand and they are cheap and supposedly hand made in Cuba for dirt cheap, Fonseca also has one that is reasonable.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some Jose Piedra brevas. How many you need?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    Are they good? I was just going to order a box since they are so cheap.
    0patience:
    Are they good? I was just going to order a box since they are so cheap.
    They are an ok ISOM smoke. They aren't anything compared to a PSD4 or Cohiba, by a long shot, but they aren't bad for what they are. And they look absolutely horrid. LOL!

I got a box from a friend and didn't have to pay a fortune for them, so I don't mind grabbing one every once in a while for a quick smoke.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    That's precisely what I figured. For $2, if they end up tasting decent and aging well that's a bonus. I'll hit you up in the coming weeks.
    Sounds good. Let me know.
    I've had these for a bit.
    I'll warn you now, they tend to be a bit fragile.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    catfishbluezz:
    Steve2010:
    I love those bro. Time is the issue, and I actually enjoy the Origens with a little rest lol. It's my favorite yardgar hands down. I'm looking for something in the 4x32-4x40 range. I might actually grab some cheap ISOM. Basically I need a 20 minute smoke. Working bars and hanging with drunks, I rarely get the time to sit down for an hour and smoke.
    As mentioned above, if you can find them, the Jose Piedra Brevas aren't terrible for an inexpensive, machine-made Cuban (I may be wrong, but I think they're machine-made/hand finished). Nice flavors for a short smoke. Obviously not a Behike, but then again it's not Behike-like prices either.