Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Saint Luis Rey

bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
This is the stick the wife most recently bought me, in the churchill size. I think she liked the box they were in- beautiful obsidian black, could probably be a humidor if you wanted. And the price tag, too...very reasonable. I had never had one and really didn't know much about them when she whipped it out to surprise me with it. She's the best! After checking the forums here nobody has talked about it either.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a reviewer. I can't pick out specific flavors and identify them accurately, but I can recognize a good smoke when I have one and this one definitely qualifies. It was smooth and delicious. Very flavorful but not over-powering, I'd say medium to full body. Slow burning, it took me almost two hours, and never was anything but pure enjoyment. Gorgeous stick with perfect burn and draw, long uniform ash. It really was a delight and I was completely in relaxo world when I was done.

If any of you are looking for a nice, affordable and flavorful stick to try pick one of these up, I doubt they'll disappoint you. Or, if any of you haven't had one for a really long time maybe it's time for a re-visit. I know I'll be adding some on to my next order.

Comments

• Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Cool! I've got one resting now. It's a Serie G that I picked up at a B&M a few weeks ago. Hope I enjoy it as much as you did.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree totally my friend---I would pay more for any St. Juis Rey than they cost (although I hope the powers that be dont see that). The original line is a great everyday smoke and the Series G with the large ring guage is a taste powerhouse that doesnt get you heady. I really like this line and love their Christmas specials----Got 5 Series Gs last year with a lighter and ashtray for 29.99.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Vulchor:
    I agree totally my friend---I would pay more for any St. Juis Rey than they cost (although I hope the powers that be dont see that). The original line is a great everyday smoke and the Series G with the large ring guage is a taste powerhouse that doesnt get you heady. I really like this line and love their Christmas specials----Got 5 Series Gs last year with a lighter and ashtray for 29.99.

I smoked mine a couple of weeks ago and I definitely agree. I'll be picking up some more of these.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I have one of these in my humi as well, however, it hails from a certain island south of miami.
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    madurofan:
    I have one of these in my humi as well, however, it hails from a certain island south of miami.

mmhmm bet that one will be great i have been trying to get some ISOM's but just don't ever really trust whether i am getting the real deal or not so pry wont for a while.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    smokester:
    madurofan:

mmhmm bet that one will be great i have been trying to get some ISOM's but just don't ever really trust whether i am getting the real deal or not so pry wont for a while.
    Have you ever had anything from the ISOM?
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    Ya a cohiba gifted to me by my friend that i know was real and thats the only one i love it that was a great cigar that he had been aging for a long time i want more just don't trust me finding a good place and the price is quite high on them if i am not mistaken.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The SLR is one I've really been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to yet. I'm not even sure if they have them at my local B&M but I'm sure they would. I may have to look for a couple of those on my way home today too.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    The SLR is one I've really been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to yet. I'm not even sure if they have them at my local B&M but I'm sure they would. I may have to look for a couple of those on my way home today too.

Yeah me too...I do know they have them at my local B&M and VERY reasonably priced ...sounds like a grab and smoke in the next few days based on what you guys are sayin'
  • Options
    I'm psyched this thread got bumped. Next order I'm putting together is some suggestions from the quick smokes thread and a whole freakin' box of SLR.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Check the watcha smokin tonight thread for my SLR experience today !!! DAMN WAS i SMOKIN' THE SAME THING AS YOU GUYS ???
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Check the watcha smokin tonight thread for my SLR experience today !!! DAMN WAS i SMOKIN' THE SAME THING AS YOU GUYS ???
    Huh...I've never seen one with a maduro looking cap, had one unravel, taste harsh or bland or had any burn problems. Bummer.