Home Cigar 101

the spicy.est

Looking for a cigar dripping with spicy goodness? any suggestions?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, 601 Green, or the CAO LX2.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cab and Alec Bradley Trilogy Exotic Maduro ...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Joya de Nicaragua Antaño...try the robusto if you want to be put on your ass.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I second what Joe said. That little cigar kicked my ass, even with a full stomach.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I thought the DPG cuban classic was chok full o spicy goodness.
    Indeed it is Luko, and mighty tasty too.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Indeed it is Luko, and mighty tasty too.
    Indeed...so the Joya, that's strong. Is it any good?
    Very good. Though I recommend the belicoso, it kinda tempers the strength and has a more accessible flavor.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I smoked a Joya Antano Robusto recently and wasn't too impressed. Yes, it was strong and didn't taste bad at all, but I prefer more flavor and less strength. Just my opinion, but if I smoke a full strength cigar, I much prefer one of Pepins or Fernandez's offerings.
    I wasn't impressed by much with the robusto myself, the only real impression I got was "damn, this is a strong cigar". For good flavor with a more manageable strength I go with the belicoso.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    +1 for the cuban classic, has anyone ever tried a Cuvanna Intenso, its name is quite fitting.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    mustluvcigars:
    +1 for the cuban classic, has anyone ever tried a Cuvanna Intenso, its name is quite fitting.
    I have one Cuban Classic and one Intenso I got in the ccom club. Haven't smoked either of them yet. Letting them rest a few months. A friend of mine got the daily special ccom had of Intenso last month and said they were great.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I gotta second the 601 Green! Awesome smoke! A lot of spice with wood notes, one of which being a strong cedar flavor. I need to pick up some more of those! Also most of Don Pepin's stuff is spicey. The Cuban Classic and the Blue Label both are.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Another vote for the SC Cuban Cabinet. Not my kind of flavor, but it's definitely a spicy stick.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic gets a nod from me, I had one in the mystery cigar game and smoked it so close it burned my lips. Amazing cigar. The Nub Habano might be a decent choice for you, as well. The A. Fernadez Signature series, if I remember right, also has a kick to it.