Home Non Cigar Related

Retiring my boys

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Guys, I have been having children since I was 17 years old. Recently became a grandfather and recently knocked my wife up. It was intentional. After 5 kids and one on the way I have decided to retire the boys. Going for the ol snip snip beginning of next year. Might have a contest when the time comes. I mentioned before her due date is Christmas Day, December 25th. Found out it is a boy and wanted to let you all know.

So if you have any horror stories or advice about cutting the lines let me have them. I have heard some crazy crap from friends who my wife thinks are trying to jack with me.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations!! Good luck with the other thing but I heard you can do it on your lunch hour and go back to work.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    I have four kids and the snip snip was one of the best decisions I ever made.
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    My buddy got cut, and his wife kept having kids. Ex wife I should say.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    what are you gonna do w/ the balls?
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Dude, are you trying to catch up with me?!?
    I think seven kids is enough, but my wife's insurance is through a Catholic healthcare corp. so they won't pay for any form of birth control. Guess I'll head behind the house with a fifth of bourbon, a single edged razor blade and some duct tape...
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Congratulations!! My daughter was born Xmas Eve 9 yrs ago. As for the Snip had it done in June. Not that big of a deal. Just a little tenderness for a few days.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Theedge:
    My buddy got cut, and his wife kept having kids. Ex wife I should say.
    haha!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the newest boy. And from what I've heard - it hurts pretty bad for the first few days but after that, no pain and things go back to working "normally". Good luck.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    I hear in rare cases it can cause mental instability . See telltale symptoms here: http://youtu.be/XREnvJRkif0
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schrooz:
    I hear in rare cases it can cause mental instability . See telltale symptoms here: http://youtu.be/XREnvJRkif0
    WTF? LMAO.

I have great medical insurance but what gets me is they will not cover a vasectomy or tubal ligation. They would rather pay for the pregnancy, delivery, and 18 or more years in medical coverage. Just doesn't make sense to me.

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Dude, are you trying to catch up with me?!?
    I think seven kids is enough, but my wife's insurance is through a Catholic healthcare corp. so they won't pay for any form of birth control. Guess I'll head behind the house with a fifth of bourbon, a single edged razor blade and some duct tape...
    Hardcore man, HARDCORE.
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    Schrooz:
    WTF? LMAO.

I have great medical insurance but what gets me is they will not cover a vasectomy or tubal ligation. They would rather pay for the pregnancy, delivery, and 18 or more years in medical coverage. Just doesn't make sense to me.

My insurance paid for it in full. Forgot to add if you do not have one get an athletic supporter. Gravity is a *** for a few days.
  • RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    snoooooob pass..
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Congrats on your new son's impending arrival Jake - a man couldnt ask for a better Christmas present! :-D

As far as the snip n clip goes, its really not a huge deal. Y'all can laugh all you want, but a bag of frozen peas will be your groin's best friend for the first 24 or 48 hours after. You will be fine in a day or two.

Now then, what are these things your buddies have been telling you so we can either confirm or deny?

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    RobIsSweet:
    jliu:
    snoooooob pass..
    you guys wouldnt really do that......would ya?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh that hurts just thinking about it.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't sneeze....

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    RobIsSweet:
    jliu:
    snoooooob pass..
    you guys wouldnt really do that......would ya?
    Well you only take what you want to try from a pass... replacing what you took out wouldn't be pleasant....
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    YankeeMan:
    Just don't sneeze....

Or cough! Solid advice on both... :-)