Home Non Cigar Related

Memorial Day, To Our Veterans!!!!!!

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So, like every year I usually get together with my group to celebrate this weekend, but unlike any year previous to this I will be taking my first real vacation down to disneyland, knotsberry farm, sea world, and any other place that my wife and I decide to visit. While I am very excited about it, I also feel sad that I won't be celebrating this weekend with my close friends (well those close) to whom I have served with. I just want to take this opportunity to lift a glass and honor those who have served, or are serving our military right now. Take care, be safe and be sure to at the end of the day light up a good cigar.

Comments

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Well said, Squirrelly. I'll second that toast...enjoy your vacation.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I'll third that----have a good vacation Pheebs ...
  • I'm w/ ya and toast all the men and women serving. It's because of them that we can feel safe at home.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Enjoy your vacation man. My family marked the day by visiting the V.A. Cememtary with my Grandmother to put flowers on my Grandfather's grave, he passed in 2006 from a heart failure. During WWII he was a POW and recieved the Purple Heart, and loved telling me and my cousins stories at Thanksgiving. When I first started smoking cigars my mom would always complain that I smelled like grandpa's house, because he ALWAYS had a stoagie on him, but I always took it as more of a compliment.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    There's been two dedications in my area for veterans that I know of in the last few months. A local high school even made one, mainly because one of the teachers was KIA in Iraq. It's a nice little memorial.