Home Ratings & Reviews

Jdn dark corojo

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Does jdn dark corojo need much rest before getting that sweet taste?

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    No, but they can be a bit strong when new, which may be something you like, or dislike depending on your tastes.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    No but the big fat one can leave you doubled up like a sissy if you are not careful! LOL
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    This JDN just came on the market. I'll try to put up a review soon. It was very good.>br> image
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Why is this thread in REVIEWS?
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    fla-gypsy:
    No but the big fat one can leave you doubled up like a sissy if you are not careful! LOL
    Every size in this LINE kicks the **** outta me, every time I try them, no matter how much or how little rest they have on them! Had NO IDEA they were that strong when I first started in the hobby, and the first one I smoked made me have to pull over to the side of the road for a while til my head cleared. A powerhouse to be sure!

The Sniper:
    fla-gypsy:
    Every size in this LINE kicks the **** outta me, every time I try them, no matter how much or how little rest they have on them! Had NO IDEA they were that strong when I first started in the hobby, and the first one I smoked made me have to pull over to the side of the road for a while til my head cleared. A powerhouse to be sure!

Not sure if I shared this anecdote before: About a year or so ago, I was talking to a BoTL about the JdNDC and he said that he smokes them in the morning with coffee all the time.

A few days later, I woke up and made some coffee and fired one up.

My lips went numb.
    My face went numb.
    My fingers went numb.
    Then my whole body literally felt like it was electrified.

I was able to toss down a packet of sugar to ease the pain.

The next time I talked to him, I told him about my experience and he laughed. He said "I never said I smoke them BEFORE breakfast, I said I smoke them with morning coffee".
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I can relate..... Had one of the 60 ring last night and it was far and away the strongest I ever smoked. Knocked me off my feet (in a good way :). But I really liked it !
    Steve2010:
    The Sniper:
    fla-gypsy:

Not sure if I shared this anecdote before: About a year or so ago, I was talking to a BoTL about the JdNDC and he said that he smokes them in the morning with coffee all the time.

A few days later, I woke up and made some coffee and fired one up.

My lips went numb.
    My face went numb.
    My fingers went numb.
    Then my whole body literally felt like it was electrified.

I was able to toss down a packet of sugar to ease the pain.

The next time I talked to him, I told him about my experience and he laughed. He said "I never said I smoke them BEFORE breakfast, I said I smoke them with morning coffee".
    LOL Yeah, your boy did you NO favors there, but I can certainly relate. That first one I had that I mentioned earlier? VERY nearly blew my cookies, sweated profusely, and was higher than a kite for quite some time after! This is one of those sticks for me that I had BETTER have a very full stomach before lighting to even have a fighting chance.

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 and they look so good... but I'm scared. Lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Be afraid, be very afraid. I found the smaller ring guage much more to my liking. That 60 ring gauge monster just whipped me like a rag doll.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I love the corona, it's such a complex smoke and the wrapper shines. Plus it doesn't sucker punch you as bad.
    Speak of the Devil. 10/$39.99 today. Might have to pick up some more.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Steve2010:
    Speak of the Devil. 10/$39.99 today. Might have to pick up some more.
    I know man, seriously considering pulling the trigger on these
    Don't be scared. Really tasty, powerful smoke. Just eat something first.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I love JdN so much I have a humidor dedicated just to them. That kick in the mouth feeling, I love it. Sometimes when I get home from work, and I ate a light lunch I grab one of these before dinner. Something about that feel, makes it enjoyable.
    WaterDemon:
    I love JdN so much I have a humidor dedicated just to them. That kick in the mouth feeling, I love it. Sometimes when I get home from work, and I ate a light lunch I grab one of these before dinner. Something about that feel, makes it enjoyable.
    I hear you man. Every once in a great while, Im just in the mood for something that I know is gonna be a kick in the gut and when those times roll around, JdN is the brand I reach for.

In an interesting side note, I read an interview with the actor Ron Perlman once in which he stated JdN is far and away his favorite go-to cigar, and he smokes em all day long.

As if we needed any MORE evidence that Hellboy / Clay Morro is one bad azz mohambajamba! LOL

• WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    The Sniper:
    WaterDemon:
    I hear you man. Every once in a great while, Im just in the mood for something that I know is gonna be a kick in the gut and when those times roll around, JdN is the brand I reach for.

In an interesting side note, I read an interview with the actor Ron Perlman once in which he stated JdN is far and away his favorite go-to cigar, and he smokes em all day long.

As if we needed any MORE evidence that Hellboy / Clay Morro is one bad azz mohambajamba! LOL

That's insane O.o
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    WaterDemon:

Wonder if the potency of his smoke let to that ridiculous rock formation he calls a jaw line.
    Or the cro-magnon like forehead? Good theory man!!! LOL

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I'm a noob, and JdN Antono (one of the smaller ones) was one of the first cigars I tried from my sampler back. A whole bunch of brands (Gurkha, Alec Bradley, Rocky, Man O' War, 5 Vegas, etc.) later and I still haven't found a cigar that beats it. I've just picked up another Antono and a Dark Corrojo from the C.com custom sampler. I just wish these weren't so darned expensive for anything other than the Grand Consul size.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I haven't had the DC yet, but love the Antano consul. It's pretty deceiving as well since I can get two hours out of such a short smoke.
    raisindot:
    I'm a noob, and JdN Antono (one of the smaller ones) was one of the first cigars I tried from my sampler back. A whole bunch of brands (Gurkha, Alec Bradley, Rocky, Man O' War, 5 Vegas, etc.) later and I still haven't found a cigar that beats it. I've just picked up another Antono and a Dark Corrojo from the C.com custom sampler. I just wish these weren't so darned expensive for anything other than the Grand Consul size.

PM to you sir
    bbass2:
    I haven't had the DC yet, but love the Antano consul. It's pretty deceiving as well since I can get two hours out of such a short smoke.
    JdN's stuff does tend to be on the long winded side now that you mention it... making the pain of the Dark Corojo even more gut wrenching! LOL

bbass2:
    If you liked the Consul, you'll LOVE the DC. Richer flavors, more complex...and has anyone mentioned the strength?
    D@mn enablers!
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I tried the Dark Corojo from my custom sampler today. Yum! Yum! It didn't blow me away the way the Antono did, but for me it's right up there with the best cigars this noob has sampled so far. A very complex, spicy smoke. My only issues were that it was hard to light and get a really good draw on it at first and it went out twice. I Broke the Rule and relit it, but after the second time I gave up, since my 'smoking time' was over.