Home General Discussion

Xiker lighters

Has anybody had an experience with a xiker lighter? I am interested in getting the exII specifically and wonder if anyone has use this lighter or any xiker lighters and what their experiences were. I know that their cutters are wonderful and am hoping their lighters follow suit.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    First its Xikar(pronounced Ziii-car) and no need to contemplate it. Unconditional lifetime warranty, I just had to send mine off to be repaired replaced/but thats after two years of abuse and I mean abuse! It costs nothing except the shipping of the lighter to them to get it repaired/replaced. If it hadn't been for my local B&M blowing out Colibri's for $10 I would have never bought anything but Xikars ever again. I bought one of the $10 Colibri's to get me through until my Xikar is returned.
  • I got a Xikar about 3 months ago and it's all i use now. I've had no problems with it lighting; even though i've dropped it plenty of times on my concrete/paver patio when messing around with. In addition to the lifetime warranty, i liked they sent out a leather pouch for it as well.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    nice! I am ordering mine tomorrow, I think i am going to get the ex II Havana just because its only 20 bucks more, i have the extra cash, and i love the look of it. Thanks again guys
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    First its Xikar(pronounced Ziii-car) and no need to contemplate it. Unconditional lifetime warranty, I just had to send mine off to be repaired replaced/but thats after two years of abuse and I mean abuse! It costs nothing except the shipping of the lighter to them to get it repaired/replaced. If it hadn't been for my local B&M blowing out Colibri's for $10 I would have never bought anything but Xikars ever again. I bought one of the $10 Colibri's to get me through until my Xikar is returned.

I agree - except I bought a Xikar to get me through while I awaited my Xikar. My lighter lasted about a year before I sent it in... Great company!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I want to get the triple flame but I can't justify it now. I have 4 colibri lighters. One dual flame with apunch that barely works, one that I use all the time and two more that are just sitting waiting for this one to die.
    looks like im making the right choice then! im excited to get it
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    To throw my hat into the ring here, I use a Xikar Element, which is a fantastic little piece that I abuse the hell out of. Additionally, invest in a cutter; I have a Xi2, and I wont use anything else now. Great company.

Ah, and they make great cigars as well; finally had the Defiance a few nights ago and it was a great little stick.

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yeah Beta' the Defiance really surprised the heck outta me ...I had my first one a couple weeks back...it had been resting about 4-5 months and was really quite flavorable ...
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I have a exodus that is over a year old and has had no problems. I love it.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I think I'm in the minority, but I have a Xikar Executive, and the damn thing never works. It goes out in any light wind, and I need to shake it repeatedly before using it (it's bee fully fueled) - and even then, it only stays lit for a few seconds, not even long enough to light my cigar! Damn thing drives me crazy

My Bic (5 for $1 at a gas station) on the other hand lights on the first or second click and stays lit until my cigar is lit
    ----------
    I also have a Xikar Xi2 - good little cutter; cuts as well as a brand new cheapo cutter, but stays sharp for longer and then there's the lifetime warranty

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    xmacro send that Xikar back! Those executives are excellent lighters, Xikar will fix it or replace it and you'll love it.
    Yea i have one of their bullet punch's and love it i am planning on getting a cutter i have heard great things, ordered a plain old ex today and should get it tuesday hopefully. I want to try the defiance so bad but they dont have it in b&m's near more or on cigar.com. Did anyone find them online anywhere? PM me if so, im skeptical about ordering from new sites so i wanna do it from somewhere trustworthy and fast i.e. ccom
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    Xikar's lifetime warrenty is great. I sent in two lighters that needed cleaning and repair and my cutter that needed sharpening. I opened a package from them today containing brand new replacements for everything I sent in.

CK
  • xmacro:
    I think I'm in the minority, but I have a Xikar Executive, and the damn thing never works. It goes out in any light wind, and I need to shake it repeatedly before using it (it's bee fully fueled) - and even then, it only stays lit for a few seconds, not even long enough to light my cigar! Damn thing drives me crazy

My Bic (5 for $1 at a gas station) on the other hand lights on the first or second click and stays lit until my cigar is lit
    ----------
    I also have a Xikar Xi2 - good little cutter; cuts as well as a brand new cheapo cutter, but stays sharp for longer and then there's the lifetime warranty

I'm one more for the minority xmac, I just bought an Exec last week. First few lights it was awesome, now any light breeze it goes out, sometimes it takes 3-4 tries to spark. I had the guy at the B&M look at it and put more gas in it, still sucks.