Home General Discussion

Odor-Free Smoking Room

I'm in college right now and living with my dad. Recently the weather has inhibited me from smoking outside, and my dad doesn't want to smell smoke ANYWHERE in his house. However, I talked it over with him and he said if I can make it so that I can smoke without leaving any odor in the room, I'll be able to do it.
So, is it possible to smoke in a room and leave NO odor behind?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    zero odor? probably not.

however if you use an air purifier and a few of those smoke eating candles in conjunction, you could eliminate MOST of it.

fabreeze may be able to take care of the rest.
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I built a man cave in the second bedroom of my trailer recently, and I wanna smoke in there too. My fiancee ain't too keen on the smoke finding its way to the rest of the house. I was thinking about pullin up the carpet and putting wood or tile down and settin' up a filter of some kind, but I keep all my camo gear in there (with scent wafers), and I don't think I can control the smoke enough to justify smoking inside. So, if you come up with anything let me know; that's about all I lack in a complete man cave...
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    As Kuzi said, it probably won't get all of the odor, but that stuff will get most of it. How about smoking in the garage, or workshop if you guys have one?
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Garen B:
    As Kuzi said, it probably won't get all of the odor, but that stuff will get most of it. How about smoking in the garage, or workshop if you guys have one?

The garage doesn't do a good job keeping me warm/cool. I want to smoke inside so I can enjoy my cigar at an enjoyable temperature regardless of the outside weather.
    I'm gonna try what Kuzi suggested plus keeping my window open and having a fan on the opposite side of the room push the smoke out.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I feel for you rpain----my wife says the same....I have given up on all the crafty ways I think I can do it and just settle for smoking in the yard, garage, screened in porch, ect. If she is away a day or 2 on business I have gotten away with smoking in home with a big fan on and the windows open. Funny story though------ My best friends father cannot smoke anywhere in the home but his bathroom ajoining the garage. He has lived in this home for 12years and olnly smoked and sh@t in that bathroom. It is about the size of a airplans bathroom and as yellow inside as a jaundice liver patient. He is not a cigar smoker mind you....Marlboro beds only---to the tune of two packs a day. So if anyone neeeds to contract cancer for any reason, let me know and I can set up a five minute session in that room and you will be guarenteed something terminal within a week. The friends father of course is healthier that myself who is 26 years younger.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I have a man cave in my lower level---I close all the heat-air vents and smoke away--a little air freshner and air circulation and air purifier and no problem...if I smoke a cigar in there at night by the next night you cant tell it
    Vulchor:
    He is not a cigar smoker mind you....Marlboro beds only---to the tune of two packs a day.

I was reading your story and thought "How can someone enjoy a cigar like that?" Then I read that and said "Oh, that makes sense."
    Seems like cigarette and pot smokers can light up anywhere =/
    On Freecycle, I found this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Vicks-Gallon-Cool-Mist-Humidifier/dp/B001FWXKTK

Would this help? It claims to get rid of cigarette smoke and odors.