Home Non Cigar Related

Texas delegates planning floor mutiny over RNC rules changes

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:

Things just get curiouser and curiouser...... Hmmmm!!
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    This is exactly why I laugh aloud when people talk about how much better Romney will be than Obama. Romney is a douchebag who has no respect for boundaries of power as proven in the article.
    wwestern:
    This is exactly why I laugh aloud when people talk about how much better Romney will be than Obama. Romney is a douchebag who has no respect for boundaries of power as proven in the article.

And O'Bummer is just a douchebag. Is that the message here??

• wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    wwestern:

Nope they're the same that's the message.
    wwestern:
    jlmarta:
    wwestern:

I can agree with that, my friend. I keep trying to remind folks of two simple truths: First - it's always a choice of the lesser of two evils. Second - the best man/woman for the job never runs for that office. They're too smart to do that.

If everyone taking part in these political discussions/debates would keep those two things in mind, I think there'd be a lot less arguing and anger generated.

Thus sayeth the oldfart who has voted in more elections than anyone on these forums.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Good for them that is BS. Any update on if it was changed or not?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    wwestern:
    jlmarta:
    wwestern:

I can agree with that, my friend. I keep trying to remind folks of two simple truths: First - it's always a choice of the lesser of two evils. Second - the best man/woman for the job never runs for that office. They're too smart to do that.

If everyone taking part in these political discussions/debates would keep those two things in mind, I think there'd be a lot less arguing and anger generated.

Thus sayeth the oldfart who has voted in more elections than anyone on these forums.

Very true. Though who president is, isn't the most important thing it's who is in the congress/senate they make the laws.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    phobicsquirrel:
    jlmarta:
    wwestern:
    jlmarta:
    wwestern:

Very true. Though who president is, isn't the most important thing it's who is in the congress/senate they make the laws.
    This is why I dislike executive orders soooooo much. Thanks for the article by the way, I am disappointed that my usual news collection sites haven't posted this story, but I guess I could have missed it.
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Hands down the decissions the president makes that effects Americans the most is who he or she appoints to the U.s. Supreme court. Remember they are the ones who interpret the constitution, and it is a life time appointment.....
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    There will be no mutiny, Romney will get the nomination either way and when it all comes down to it they will bury the hatchet and do what they are told just like EVERY political party operates
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Gonna show my age here, but I remember when conventions were scrappy, contentious events where nothing was decided until the thing was done. This "mutiny" used to be a standard operating procedure at the conventions, and they were actually expected.

Today the "convention" is just a coronation party.