Home Cigar 101
Options

XIKAR Digital Round Cigar Hygrometer 832XI

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Any use one? If so, how do you like it? I'm looking to picking two up. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    I have a Hygro-Set and a Xikar (not sure which model) they both work fine for me. If I had to pick one I kind of like the Xikar better..... simpler to reset on the salt test.
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    I have one in my bigger humi. I love it. It's easy as heck to set up and calibrate. Has temperature, and rh on it. The kicker is it's super tiny too so it gives you more room for cigars. Oh I forgot to mention lifetime warranty!!! Do I sound like a Xykar advertisement yet? haha, but really it's a nice little hygrometer.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's the same model number as mine, but I love my Xikar hygro. Super easy to calibrate and not much bigger than the lid from a gallon of milk, which means more room for cigars in my trunkidor!!
  • Options
    Coll, I think I'm gonna pick two of em up.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Did you find a deal on them bc I am in the market as well, especially if it is the same size and will replace the analog one I have in my humi
  • Options
    I've yet to buy, Amazon wants 13 bucks each.
  • Options
    $13 is a good deal..... you will really like it. Jim
  • Options
    Russ622Russ622 Posts: 46
    Rain:
    I have 2 of them as well, and they are great. $13 is a great price.
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    That is a good deal. I think I paid about double that at a b&m. This makes me sad.
  • Options
    The unit says this, as a selling point: "One step calibration button. Push and hold for 5 seconds and unit self-calibrates.". Calibrates to what? I hope it means if I throw it in the boveda calibration bag (75%rh), then hitting calibrate will make it 75, NOT what the unit "thinks" is correct.
  • Options
    Rain:
    The unit says this, as a selling point: "One step calibration button. Push and hold for 5 seconds and unit self-calibrates.". Calibrates to what? I hope it means if I throw it in the boveda calibration bag (75%rh), then hitting calibrate will make it 75, NOT what the unit "thinks" is correct.
    i calibrated mine in a ziplock bag with the salt slush in a bottle cap. Anywhere you can guarantee 75% humidity for a good long while then press and hold the button to set the Hygro to 75%. Really a lot simpler than the ones with the twist knob. I had problems calibrating them.
  • Options
    This XIKAR is giving me fits. I threw it in the boveda 75% bag, waited one day and calibrated it. Left it in the bag and an hour later it's 73%.
  • Options
    Mine usually varies a little.... that is within the +/- 2% range though..... close enough for me.
  • Options
    jadelt:
    Mine usually varies a little.... that is within the +/- 2% range though..... close enough for me.
    I am forced to agree haha.