Home General Discussion

Change

What (if anything) would ya'll like to see change at Cigar.com? I personally would like it if when something was "sold out" it would not appear in a search. Honestly that is pretty much it for me because it is such a well maintained website.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Price/quantity match? I find a lot of cigars at great prices at cigar.com, but sometimes there's other sites that have better prices/price:quantity ratios and I buy from them
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I don't have a problem with something showing as sold out, since then at least I know that it's a carried item.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I wish they would make some changes to the forums. For example, make it easier to post pictures, have some kind of notification when you have a PM.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Slight changes to the forums, like PM notification and stuff. Also, maybe an easier way to browse the brands. But I really don't worry too much about it.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Oh yeah - just remembered; it'd be nice to have a feature to sort samplers/5-packs/boxes by price as well as brand. Alot of times, I have a spending limit and I'd like to be able to sort the boxes/5-packs by prices instead of trekking all around the site. Also, it'd be convenient if I could type in 1 or more brands, and then all the sampler packs that contain that cigar would show up.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Price/quantity match? I find a lot of cigars at great prices at cigar.com, but sometimes there's other sites that have better prices/price:quantity ratios and I buy from them
    Have you called or emailed anyone requesting this? When you order from the site, prices are set, however, I know that Tim would work with you to keep your business on Cigar.com, as would the other sales reps. If you haven't tried, then it's not really a legitimate complaint...they can't just have an entry form where you put in a "competitor" price and they automatically match it...what's to stop me from putting the "Joe's cigar shop" price of $10 for a five-pack of OpusX?
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    j0z3r:
    what's to stop me from putting the "Joe's cigar shop" price of $10 for a five-pack of OpusX?

Aw, come on, now they know my secret plan!

The only thing I would change is the Favorites list...and by change I mean it working.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I agree with every one about the forum. easy to post pics, improve formatting (I shouldnt have to put "carrot br carrot" to make the text move to the next line) and there deffinately needs to be some kind of pm notification. email notification for replies to threads you subscribe to would be nice, but not needed. only real complaint I have about cigar.com is the ammount of email sent, it is a bit excessive. I was recently at a cigar club meeting and I tried to plug for cigar.com but there was a unanimous grumbling about the frequency of email from the site/sales staff.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    jihiggs:
    I agree with every one about the forum. easy to post pics, improve formatting (I shouldnt have to put "carrot br carrot" to make the text move to the next line) and there deffinately needs to be some kind of pm notification. email notification for replies to threads you subscribe to would be nice, but not needed. only real complaint I have about cigar.com is the ammount of email sent, it is a bit excessive. I was recently at a cigar club meeting and I tried to plug for cigar.com but there was a unanimous grumbling about the frequency of email from the site/sales staff.

But the flip side is if they didn't they would be un-responsive and uncaring --oh well-can't win them all-----I can't imagine that anyone who uses e-mail daily and all the B/S you get anyway if your really into cigars would mind the extra info IMHO ...
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    yeah, I always enjoy getting new emails about deals and blitzes, and the newsletter. The more I read, the more I learn...
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    I forgot to mention that I would like the creation of a wish list. This would allow the customer to mark items the might not have the money for at the moment and return to it later more easily. It would also be real easy to email it to your relatives for gift ideas.
  • kevster77kevster77 Posts: 68
    this may sound a bit crazy but how about free shipping on singles? maybe put a max. on singles before shipping fees are charged?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That does sound a bit crazy kevster. If they were to flip your idea around a bit to where there was a minimum quantity of singles to buy before you got free shipping, then it might work. If I want just one cigar, oh and it happens to be a fairly cheap one too, let's say a Cusano P1 Cafe Robusto for $1.69...not only would Cigar.com not make any money, they would end up losing money over the shipping charges...unless they raised prices across the board to compensate.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I think maybe free shipping on orders over a certain amount would be good, but I can't see free shipping on singles ever catching on.
  • BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    I have not been on these forums very long, but there are a couple of things I have noticed.  PM notification would be a great addition, even if all it amounts to is the inbox link at the top of the page having a number next to it.  Also, I may be missing something, but I don't see any clear link at the bottom of each thread that would navigate me back to the forum I was on or take me to the next thread.

Buying online isn't something that I do much of.  I own my own game store in Broken Arrow, OK, so I am a big supporter of buying locally.  The phrase we use a lot is "pay where you play."  I'm beginning to see that cigar.com is such a perfect place for me to research what I'm going to smoke next.  I know cigar.com's cigars are great because I received three of the 5 Vegas cigars in a PIF.  Alex seems to keep active on the boards providing excellent info.  My point is that cigar.com is such a great site that any changes they might want to make seem relatively minor; this site is fast becoming the place where I "play" and I know I'll be buying some cigars here soon.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    brsmith21:
    I think maybe free shipping on orders over a certain amount would be good, but I can't see free shipping on singles ever catching on.
    I agree. Seems like too much money would be lost if shipping was free for singles.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see free S&H on box orders.