Home Cigar 101

The Swag Experiment

HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
Ok so ages ago when I moved in with my now Ex Mr. J0z3r or however it's spelled sent me a bag of that delicious Black Maple baccy and a few Swag cigars, smoked one thought it was kinda meh. So! Why the thread you ask?

Well.... shortly after smoking the first I decided to see what would happen if I left the remaining Swag sticks in with all my ACID's (yes I do like them from time to time so hush) and Tabak's. So they have been "marinating" in there for about a year now. Recently I got another as a kind of "base" for my experiment. What I am considering doing here is when the 100+ heat dies down here (hopefully) over the next month or 2 is smoking the recently added one, doing up a review, then a day (or hours) later smoke the one out of my infused Humi and see what kind of flavors it picked up from my Java's, Tabak's and the few ACID sticks in there. Only reason I am posting this is I'm curious if anyone would be interested in the results.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    So basically you are cross contaminating a swag with an infused cigar in the humi? Are they naked or cello? I'd be interested, only for curiousity sake.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    they are "naked" in with a dozen or so Infused cigars
    I think the key to this experiment is not so much seeing that infused can cross contaminate; rather, naked sticks will meld together over time. Now I have no clue as to whether or not this can happen, but I'd imagine if it does with infused, it should with regular sticks to some degree, albeit minor.
    And if it means an infused stick can make a swag better, that's an added bonus.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I can't see this making Swag any worse. Keep us posted Spencer.
    as I misread the swag sticks are naked the infused are cello'd except for one which is tubed, tho the end cap is off
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I think they can only be made better, no matter what
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    j0z3r:
    Exactly what I was driving at. What a disappointment that cigar turned out to be.
    j0z3r:
    Amos Umwhat:
    j0z3r:
    Exactly what I was driving at. What a disappointment that cigar turned out to be.
    I was reading a mag today that reviewed the corona at 91...equal to the cabaiguan in the same review. Makes me wonder what these guys are smoking
    Well since people be interested yo, soon as it cools down here in the desert I'll grab my ol' pad n paper, use my phone for pics and see how it goes, who knows maybe it'll be a good way to better not-so-good sticks
  • I have had a SWAG sitting in my humi for a few months now. No idea where I got, but decided to try it tonight after reading this topic. First 5-10 minutes I was not sure why all the negative comments about this stick, second 10 minutes I total understood. Honestly, I hope for your sake, that SWAG does not SWAG onto your ACIDS and foul them. Blech.