Home Non Cigar Related

This is Bob - Bob is a Racist

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Priceless.

How long before this gets yanked?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Funny...it is. Trouble is I dont think "Bob" is the majority of republican voters in say---Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, and the like. Not to mention the "Bob's" of the evangelical wing.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Priceless.

How long before this gets yanked?

Copied just in case.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Funny...it is. Trouble is I dont think "Bob" is the majority of republican voters in say---Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, and the like. Not to mention the "Bob's" of the evangelical wing.
    Yes because the south hates blacks.... blah blah blah... it's 2012 get over your bull ***. Labeling folks racist because they live in the southern states makes you the same kind of idiot who is an actual racist.

Nice find on the video Jimmy!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Vulchor:
    That was the most racist statement I've heard in a long time.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    What do you mean by this? That the majority evangelicals and southern republicans are racists? Or am I missing something?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    That is exactly what was intended. Spouting the liberal mantra doesn't make it so. All this from the folks who were going to bring us all together again, as long as you are in lockstep with them.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you voted for the black guy in the last election to prove you are not a racist
    how about voting for the other guy this time to prove you are not a complete f*cking moron.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    jsnake:
    If you voted for the black guy in the last election to prove you are not a racist
    how about voting for the other guy this time to prove you are not a complete f*cking moron.
    Hey, this one is actually pretty good bait, but..........nah...........not even with a 35' pole.
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    I'm white and damn proud of it!
    According to the Oxford Dictionary of the English Language:

Definition of racist:

noun; a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

adjective; having or showing the belief that a particular race is superior to another.
    JDH:
    jsnake:
    Hey, this one is actually pretty good bait, but..........nah...........not even with a 35' pole.
    Pole? Pole? What do you have against Polish Americans?

Bigotski.

;)
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    JDH:
    jsnake:

Bigotski.

;)
    LMAO!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    webmost:
    JDH:
    jsnake:

Bigotski.

;)
    LMAO!
    If you can find a 35' tall Polish man woman or child, then we'll talk about it, smartasskitowiski.
    JDH:
    Hays:
    webmost:
    JDH:
    jsnake:

Bigotski.

;)
    LMAO!
    If you can find a 35' tall Polish man woman or child, then we'll talk about it, smartasskitowiski.
    That is height discrimination. Why are shorter Polish people not good enough?
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    Hays:
    webmost:
    JDH:
    jsnake:

Bigotski.

;)
    LMAO!
    Now you're saying my pole is too short?

webmost:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    Hays:
    webmost:
    JDH:
    jsnake:

Bigotski.

;)
    LMAO!
    Don't know about your Pole, 'cause I haven't seen it, but whenever I see a 35' tall child crawling towards me, I get really nervous.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    webmost:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    Hays:
    webmost:
    JDH:
    jsnake:

Bigotski.

;)
    LMAO!
    Don't know about your Pole, 'cause I haven't seen it, but whenever I see a 35' tall child crawling towards me, I get really nervous.
    i usually get a gun. at that point something has gone seriously wrong.
    Wow----Just saw all the responses to my first comment. I didnt say anything about race when referring to a few southern states, and didnt say anything about Obama being black. So how was my comment racist exactly? Shame on all of you for naturally thinking thats what was meant, though it does go to show even you all are aware of the feelings and sentiment within the right wing.

I was merely saying that I do not beleive the voters in a lot of states are as well thought out or logical as "Bob". Sorry if that offends the intelligencia of those southern states. I think race is a part of it, I think religion is a part of it, but I also think (which was my point until I was jumped on) uninformed voters who vote based on emotion and 30 second commercials instead of knowing the facts is the biggest problem.
    Vulchor:
    Wow----Just saw all the responses to my first comment. I didnt say anything about race when referring to a few southern states, and didnt say anything about Obama being black. So how was my comment racist exactly? Shame on all of you for naturally thinking thats what was meant, though it does go to show even you all are aware of the feelings and sentiment within the right wing.
    Um, seriously? Shame on us for wanting clarification? You respond to a video that pokes fun at the absurdity of of calling someone a racist for not voting for Obama by saying that it doesn't represent most "southern voters and evangelicals"... and we are the bad people for asking you to clarify? Especially, when the video only gives the options of "racist" or "not racist". Also, why are southern republicans and evangelicals more likely to be uninformed than any other group... Political Science people excluded as it is their job to be informed.

Vulchor:
    though it does go to show even you all are aware of the feelings and sentiment within the right wing
    Again, I am sorry if I am dense, but what does this statement mean? Are you indicating that because people are aware of stereotypes of their own party, it must be true? I am really trying to understand here, because you generally seem to want civil discussion, but, and maybe this is me misinterpreting due to the brevity of your posts, you seem very sure that most "Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, and the like" voters and those that are evangilicals are lesser voters when it comes to reasoning.
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    I thought we were talking about bob the builder.
    Than you didnt ask my to clarify---or perhaps you did, but the others did not. They merely said i was being the racist and my comments were terrible---which is a lie. The video was also a piece of humor, not to be taken seriously, so if we are trying to define a ideology based on it, I feel poorly for us all.

I am saying that if its the first thing thought of by people, it stands to reason why the sterotype exists, and I feel quite often the trouble with sterotypes is that they are spot on correct. Sadly, that must mean I am sterotyping some voters as being less intelligent or sound in their voting when it comes to solid ideas and wanting meanigful help for the country. If this is the case, guilty as charged.
    Vulchor:
    Than you didnt ask my to clarify---or perhaps you did, but the others did not. They merely said i was being the racist and my comments were terrible---which is a lie. The video was also a piece of humor, not to be taken seriously, so if we are trying to define a ideology based on it, I feel poorly for us all.

I am saying that if its the first thing thought of by people, it stands to reason why the sterotype exists, and I feel quite often the trouble with sterotypes is that they are spot on correct. Sadly, that must mean I am sterotyping some voters as being less intelligent or sound in their voting when it comes to solid ideas and wanting meanigful help for the country. If this is the case, guilty as charged.
    Well, I will leave you to your beliefs, but it sounds a lot like your line of thought is "if they don't believe as I do, they must be less intelligent or uninformed." I guess I just don't get it. Why are specifically southern republicans and evangelicals dumber than the rest of the country when it comes to politics?

On a side note, I took this video as satire. Which, while humorous, also has a point. The race card gets played too much by both sides, and it seems like recently the Democrats try to link any policy they don't agree with to the Repbulicans being bigotted.... Of course, the Republicans also play with the reverse racism stuff which is a whole different bag of stupid.

I am sorry if I am harping on this, I just can't believe from your other posts you truly believe that the majority of those two groups are less intelligent than you/your side. Please, again, help me if this isn't what you meant.
    Vulture you do have a habit of labeling people. And isn't that at the heart of racisim. It starts with "people from ...........", or your favorite phrase, "people like you". You separate yourself from certain groups because of their supposed stereotypes. Did you guys see Chris Mathews and Eugene Robinson? Calling the Republicans racist for talking about Chicago politics. They actually said that the word "Chicago" was code. These idiots would label a door racist if it was to white for them. Liberals always claim that conservatives do the stuff that they really do.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

I am a union worker and I do not drink the Kool Aid. Not easy being in a union and refusing to be a sheeple. But the constant response of you are a racist anytime you have a differing view of a liberal's is just beyond ridiculous, without merit, and a common tactic they use because their arguments hold no weight. I tend to just mind my own business as long as they aren't trying to make me drink the Kool Aid. And in case anyone here is not intelligent enough to realize this as some liberal family members of mine, Kool Aid is not a reference to race but:

"Drinking the Kool-Aid" is a metaphor commonly used in the United States and Canada that refers to a person or group's unquestioning belief, argument, or philosophy without critical examination. The phrase typically carries a negative connotation when applied to an individual or group. The basis of the term is a reference to the November 1978 Rev. Jim Jones Jonestown Massacre, where members of the Peoples Temple were said to have committed suicide by drinking Flavor Aid (not actually Kool-Aid) drink laced with cyanide.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Funny...it is. Trouble is I dont think "Bob" is the majority of republican voters in say---Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, and those TEXANS . Not to mention the "Bob's" of the evangelical wing.
    Fixed it,,lol
    Jake, I have to disagree with you a bit here.
    From Wiki --- The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test is a work of literary journalism by Tom Wolfe, published in 1968. Using techniques from the genre of hysterical realism and pioneering new journalism, the "nonfiction novel" tells the story of Ken Kesey and his band of Merry Pranksters. The book follows the Pranksters across the country driving in a psychedelic painted school bus dubbed "Further" (called "Furthur" in the book due to an initial misspelling on the bus' placard), reaching what they considered to be personal and collective revelations through the use of LSD and other psychedelic drugs. The book also describes the Acid Tests, early performances by The Grateful Dead, and Kesey's exile to Mexico.
    beatnic:
    Jake, I have to disagree with you a bit here.
    From Wiki --- The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test is a work of literary journalism by Tom Wolfe, published in 1968. Using techniques from the genre of hysterical realism and pioneering new journalism, the "nonfiction novel" tells the story of Ken Kesey and his band of Merry Pranksters. The book follows the Pranksters across the country driving in a psychedelic painted school bus dubbed "Further" (called "Furthur" in the book due to an initial misspelling on the bus' placard), reaching what they considered to be personal and collective revelations through the use of LSD and other psychedelic drugs. The book also describes the Acid Tests, early performances by The Grateful Dead, and Kesey's exile to Mexico.
    That's all true (this is one of my favorite boodks, bty), but "drinking the kool-aid" really is a reference to Jonestown, not Ken Keesey & the Merry Pranksters.
    jsnake:
    imageimage

I am a union worker and I do not drink the Kool Aid. Not easy being in a union and refusing to be a sheeple. But the constant response of you are a racist anytime you have a differing view of a liberal's is just beyond ridiculous, without merit, and a common tactic they use because their arguments hold no weight. I tend to just mind my own business as long as they aren't trying to make me drink the Kool Aid. And in case anyone here is not intelligent enough to realize this as some liberal family members of mine, Kool Aid is not a reference to race but:

"Drinking the Kool-Aid" is a metaphor commonly used in the United States and Canada that refers to a person or group's unquestioning belief, argument, or philosophy without critical examination. The phrase typically carries a negative connotation when applied to an individual or group. The basis of the term is a reference to the November 1978 Rev. Jim Jones Jonestown Massacre, where members of the Peoples Temple were said to have committed suicide by drinking Flavor Aid (not actually Kool-Aid) drink laced with cyanide.
    RE: Tolerant Liberals & Zombies; it cuts both ways - I've know far more conservatives who are exactly as depicted. This is what happens to a society when ideoplgy replaces common sense and our ability to talk to one another instead of screaming at each other becase we are supposed to be "enemies".