Home General Discussion

too many products

So i have noticed in some reviews and general discussion that some people think certain companies are doing too many variety of cigars. Which they believe is hurting the companies bc they arent putting out as good of quality cigars as before. This got me thinking about which cigar(s) do you think the companies should lay down and puut to rest? Of course this is more towards the rocky and gurkha side but all other brands are welcome also. I havent smoked much of any particular brand, just a few from each soo i have no real answer to my own ?.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I'll leave that to their marketing dept's .....since after all we don't know how much $$$ they make off what ...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Going by what Alex said in another thread, perhaps it is not the quantity of blends they put out, but rather the factories they contract the blends out to. I'm not a fan of Rocky's blends coming from General Cigar, however, I am a big fan of his blends made by AJ Fernandez's factory. The same is probably true of Gurkha, some of the factories they contract out to just don't make a great cigar perhaps.

So what I'm trying to say is: perhaps instead of limiting the number of blends they make, they should be more selective of the factory that will produce it. I don't know if that would help, but it might be a start.
    j0z3r:
    Going by what Alex said in another thread, perhaps it is not the quantity of blends they put out, but rather the factories they contract the blends out to. I'm not a fan of Rocky's blends coming from General Cigar, however, I am a big fan of his blends made by AJ Fernandez's factory. The same is probably true of Gurkha, some of the factories they contract out to just don't make a great cigar perhaps.

So what I'm trying to say is: perhaps instead of limiting the number of blends they make, they should be more selective of the factory that will produce it. I don't know if that would help, but it might be a start.

Thats a great insight Joe and an interesting prospect ...maybe they listen in here occasionally...I know of one that does ;)
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll give an answer, since I think you were looking for one...lol. Rocky Patel (seasons of the year) collection, Gurhka (most except the Black Dragon and Ancient Warrior), and I will also go off the beaten path and put Carlos Torano Signature Collection on there as well.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    j0z3r:

Great point...since I'm not a very good student, I'm gonna have to go look up which RPs are made at AJ Fernandez and which at General Cigar. I really haven't had a Rocky I didn't like at least somewhat, but I've definitely had some I love and prefer much more than others.
    Luko:
    j0z3r:

Great point...since I'm not a very good student, I'm gonna have to go look up which RPs are made at AJ Fernandez and which at General Cigar. I really haven't had a Rocky I didn't like at least somewhat, but I've definitely had some I love and prefer much more than others.

Decade's come to mind ?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Luko:
    j0z3r:

Decade's come to mind ?
    The Decade is one that I do like. Also the ITC 10th is another that I like made by Fernandez of course. I'm one of the lone holdouts that doesn't really care for his Vintage line, nothing about those cigars really grabs me.