Home Non Cigar Related

I missed Clint's speech

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Did he growl at any Koreans to get off his convention floor?

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    First there were no Koreans (yes I saw the movie). I havent seen so many whites in one building since the annual KKK rally, lol. I have no idea what he was doing or what he said. It was comical to a degree, but it became terribly uncomfortable after the first 8 or 9 minutes and it just made me feel like the elderly I see rambling in the job I do because of their dementia or anger about time having passed them by.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Vulchor:
    I have no idea what he was doing or what he said.
    Dont sweat it Vulch - I just watched it online and Clint didnt have any idea either! LOL I LOOOOOVE Clint Eastwood but man, that was just painful to watch...

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Here is the link, personally I loved it. Yes he is getting old, unfortuantely he has slowed down quite a bit but i do not think he has lost his wit.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/defense-clint-eastwood-weird-fantastic-025825753--election.html
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Here is the link, personally I loved it. Yes he is getting old, unfortuantely he has slowed down quite a bit but i do not think he has lost his wit.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/defense-clint-eastwood-weird-fantastic-025825753--election.html

I'm on my iPhone and that may be the problem but that link took me to a blog but no video. I missed his speech and would have thought it would be on YouTube but I can't find it. I'd love to watch it.....

jlmarta:
    catfishbluezz:

I'm on my iPhone and that may be the problem but that link took me to a blog but no video. I missed his speech and would have thought it would be on YouTube but I can't find it. I'd love to watch it.....

It is on Yahoo news, that's what the link was from.
    catfishbluezz:
    jlmarta:
    catfishbluezz:

It is on Yahoo news, that's what the link was from.

Thanks, I'll look there.....

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I think you guys missed the irony. He was acting feeble minded. It reminded me of some of Bob Newharts' routines when he is on the phone and you only get 1 part of the conversation. Maybe he's just a good actor.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I think you guys missed the irony. He was acting feeble minded. It reminded me of some of Bob Newharts' routines when he is on the phone and you only get 1 part of the conversation. Maybe he's just a good actor.
    This was pretty much my take on it, which I posted on the R.N.C. thread
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Ha HAAA!! Found it!! Thanks, Catfish. I loved it. And I agree - I think his stammering and all was deliberate and helped sell the whole shtick. It was great!

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, he was acting guys. Just like Ronald Reagan would occasionally scream out "JUST KIDDING!!!!", then go back to being catatonic.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Suppose a Republican is the President of the United States, and at the DNC a hollywood actor is that disrespectful to both the Office of the Presidency and the sitting President, what do you suppose the reaction of conservatives would be?
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    JDH:
    Suppose a Republican is the President of the United States, and at the DNC a hollywood actor is that disrespectful to both the Office of the Presidency and the sitting President, what do you suppose the reaction of conservatives would be?
    2 words. George Bush. Your memory is short. More Hollywood actors have said more vile things about that man than can be documented. About time a conservative actor did the same.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    2 words. George Bush. Your memory is short. More Hollywood actors have said more vile things about that man than can be documented. About time a conservative actor did the same.
    Also, GWB invited Stephen Colbert to roast him.... And Ryan is a John Stewart fan.... Both sides have a better sense of humor than you are giving them credit for.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    No, my memory isn't short, I'm just asking how conservatives would react if...do you recall the reaction? I do.
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    No, my memory isn't short, I'm just asking how conservatives would react if...do you recall the reaction? I do.
    It wouldn't matter, the media would be too busy reporting nad agreeing with the Hollywood actors. The double standard is outrageous.