Home General Discussion

I "Pick my Stick" for tonight !! (Friday 8/31 COMPLETED WITH PICS)

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Sorry folks...... for my birthday I got a H. UPMANN 1844 RESERVE MADURO and tonight is the night to relax and enjoy it. Look for pics and mini review later tonight or tomorrow. Pairing with ice water, Woodford Reserve Bourbon and finish with an iced tea.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday! Enjoy.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a tasty night! Happy birthday
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy B-Day Jim...enjoy yourself!!!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday!!!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday, my man!! Sounds like an enjoyable night lined up for you!
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭

• jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    My mini review of the H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Maduro Belicoso 6.1 x 52.

Nice looking stick with two large veins. Fairly light weight nice sniff. Lick was sweet and a bit salty. after the cut the pre light draw was just the way I like..... not too loose not too tight and it stayed that way to the end.

Since it wasn't windy at all tonight I lit this one with wooden matches !! I usually use my torch cuz of the wind but tonight I used 3 matches. Lots of nice smoke with an initial peppery flavor. Not too much flavor in the first third. The second third gained some nice tasty earthy flavor and maybe a hint of cocoa. Needed a little touch up along the way but just a nice relaxing cigar.

Since my previous cigar was the Pvnisher (you can read my HOT HOT HOT review) and I have been doing a lot of full powerhouses, this was a nice change of pace. I would say medium body.

It took 1 hour 40 minutes (I smoke slow) and I really enjoyed the last third. Good to the very end.

Overall I liked it a lot and would rate it maybe 4 out of 5. Doesn't make my top ten but darn close. If you are looking for something a little different this was a nice change.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes ..... it made for a very relaxing and enjoyable evening.