Home Cigar 101

Uneven Burn

So what causes cigars to burn unevenly, sometimes VERY unevenly?  This happens to me sometimes even with top-line premium cigars such as Gurkha, Graycliff, Ashtons, and others.  I keep all my cigars in a good cabinet humidor at proper temp and humidity and I always take care to light them evenly.  So why do they sometimes burn unevenly.  Very irritating, especially considering the price I pay for them.  Thanks for any assistance...

CW

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Poor construction seems to be the number one cause, sometimes if your humidity is too high it can cause the burn to go awry. The best thing you can do is keep your humidity between 65-68% and make sure you get a good, even light the first time. Often times a poor light will stick with the cigar for a good while causing problems.
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Excessive wind can also be a factor if you are outside.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    too high humidity. Try dry boxing them for a day before smoking.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Poor construction seems to be the number one cause, sometimes if your humidity is too high it can cause the burn to go awry. The best thing you can do is keep your humidity between 65-68% and make sure you get a good, even light the first time. Often times a poor light will stick with the cigar for a good while causing problems.
    In that order.. construction, and humidity..I guess a poor light too, but if you take your time that is the easiest to resolve.