Home General Discussion

Smok-a-thon

mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
Hey guys, I am trying to plan my weekend and was thinking that I would probably smoke a lot this weekend since I am going dove hunting. I thought it would be interesting for us to post how many cigars we plan to smoke, and then how many we actually smoke on Tue. This of course will include Fri-Mon. So four days total.

So I am thinking that I would love to get 8 smokes in this Labor Day weekend. What about you guys?

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Hoping to get time for 4 or 5. Having a get together with some friends, and might be more if we sit out at the bonfire.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I have plans to smoke 9-10 between today and monday would be more but i work sunday. It may be less, as i have some personal/family issues going on.. But a cigar or two may help me relax and not worry
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Taking into account that today is a mini-herf and tomorrow is a full blown herf, I'm guessing my weekend total will be in the neighborhood of 15-20, and likely on the high side.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be happy with 3-4. Gonna be low-mid 90s with tstorms next 3 days. :-(

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Probably 3-4 also here. I have work, so.... :[
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    I will smoke 19.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably get to zero...hanging with the in-laws at the lake...bummer but it's nice here
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I'll probably get to zero...hanging with the in-laws at the lake...bummer but it's nice here
    I'll be with in laws too, but I'll get one in and try to convince grandfather to have one with me!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm working but I plan to get at least 4 in... But who knows I think I have rain coming in so boooooo!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Taking into account that today is a mini-herf and tomorrow is a full blown herf, I'm guessing my weekend total will be in the neighborhood of 15-20, and likely on the high side.
    Wow is all I can say! Please keep track and if possible take pics! Would love to see what you're smokin Joe!
    Bigshizza:
    Sorry to hear that bro! I have already smoked one that you sent me and it was awesome!!!! Pics to follow! Thanks again, it was the Ave Maria! Mmmmmmmmm!
  • bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    College Football weekend. Just got a new job. Probably throw something on the grill. So I will say about 5 plus a Bollivar I have been saving for a year.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    j0z3r:
    Wow is all I can say! Please keep track and if possible take pics! Would love to see what you're smokin Joe!
    I wish I had a list Matt. Funny how everything blurrs together after a long day of smoking, eating and drinking with a group of friends. I had some nice cigars though, I can tell you that much.
  • stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    So far I'm at 4 for today and 3 yesterday. Went to a family reunion this afternoon and decided to bring along a handful of smokes just in case. Well I busted out after 2 hours of sitting around and suddenly guys started drifting my way and asking about cigars. Next thing I know I was handing out My Fathers, Tats and other good stuff. It was so cool to have a minihurf with great uncles and 2nd cousins. I think I may have gotten one of them hooked too! I'm sending him a sampler package to start with.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    oh man. I had lets see... 6 cigars at the so cal herf on Saturday. My taste buds were absolutely TOAST by the end of that day. had in this order... bolivar 2009 LE, partagas short, anejo shark, viaje C-4 (thanks again roomie!), another partagas short, and finished off with MoW PA. Not to mention I'm still digesting and boobooing out the delicious bbqd/smoked meats. I feel sorry for you non CA people. socal herfs are freakin sublime
    Well, glad you guys had a good Labor Day! I was only able to grab 4 which is half what I had planned. But still had a great trip and had 2 great hunts on Sat and Sun!!!image
    jgibv:
    only got in 2 :-/
    mac cru royale saturday while i ran the bbq. and a mowpa last night, finished that one up while walking the dog.

wish i could have grabbed a couple more but we got busy doing other things and the weather wasn't cooperating either.

jgibv:
    jgibv:
    mac cru royale saturday while i ran the bbq. and a mowpa last night, finished that one up while walking the dog.

wish i could have grabbed a couple more but we got busy doing other things and the weather wasn't cooperating either.
    Good smokes! I had planned on smoking while hunting but I was so hot and there were so many birds coming in that I didnt have the chance. Oh well, there is always this weekend!!!!! LOL
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well i worked all weekend 12 hour shifts so i got no smokes in.kinda bummed cause i purchased two i was hoping to smoke on monday.a rocky patel 15th annivers. and a romeo y julieta one of the new ones.maybe ill get to burn one toady...maybe
    no matter where you go, there you are.

mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:

Good smokes! I had planned on smoking while hunting but I was so hot and there were so many birds coming in that I didnt have the chance. Oh well, there is always this weekend!!!!! LOL
    i hear ya on the heat - it was a scorcher here too - and super humid most of the weekend. probably couldn't have lit a cigar if i tried - it was so humid, haha.

good looking birds in that picture though, how many you'd end up bringing home?

jgibv:
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:

i hear ya on the heat - it was a scorcher here too - and super humid most of the weekend. probably couldn't have lit a cigar if i tried - it was so humid, haha.

I picked up 30 something but I guarantee there were more out there! I literally had to quit hunting and dunk my clothes in the ice water of my cooler and then put them back on. We were in south Georgia, so you can imagine how humid that was!!!
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:

I picked up 30 something but I guarantee there were more out there! I literally had to quit hunting and dunk my clothes in the ice water of my cooler and then put them back on. We were in south Georgia, so you can imagine how humid that was!!!
    oh god....you're brave, dude.
    i don't go outside when it's that hot; unless it's to the pool/lake. no thanks. hah

• pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Well, out of the 7 I took with me I only smoked 2 and gave one to someone else. I had a Hemingway Short Story at a high mountain lake roughly 11250 feet elevation after a 2 mile hike with about 1000 feet of elevation change. Talk about a buzz. After the much easier hike down and copious beverages around a campfire I had an Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso.
    pelirrojo:
    Well, out of the 7 I took with me I only smoked 2 and gave one to someone else. I had a Hemingway Short Story at a high mountain lake roughly 11250 feet elevation after a 2 mile hike with about 1000 feet of elevation change. Talk about a buzz. After the much easier hike down and copious beverages around a campfire I had an Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso.
    Very nice! I'm sure you took lots of pics?
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they're down in the non-cigar related forum in the fishing pics thread.
    very cool, I'll check 'em out!