Home General Discussion
Options

Another newb joins the ruckus

Hey. Name is Mike. Thought I would quit lurking and finally join in on the fun. Stowggie got me hooked on smoking cigars a few months back and pointed me in the direction of this crazy house. I've learned alot from this place since and you all seem like a genuine bunch of good ol' boys...and gals. Anyway, glad I'm here and look forward to chatting with ya'll .

Comments

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Tex. Feel free to just join in on the various discussions. What have you enjoyed smoking so far?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Tex, always good to see new people in the mix.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Tex!
  • Options
    Mike is a stand up guy glad he finally poped the cherry and posted. He is new to cigars but jumped right into the hobby we all love and has had some quality sticks. We have been herfing several times a week we live like 5 blocks apart and I have tried to learn him well. Now that you are posting some of these crazy Borks I'm sure will learn you. Welcome aboard and strap up because your addy is not safe!
  • Options
    Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    SleevePlz:
    Welcome to the forum Tex. Feel free to just join in on the various discussions. What have you enjoyed smoking so far?
    I seem to be on a Viaje kick at the moment. Tat Havana is a favorite. MOW, Illusione, Sencillo, Room 101 all rank high on my faves list. And of course Ligas. I prefer in your face, full bodied smokes. I like AJs blends alot too. 'll try any cigar once. I'm a full on cigar ****! My wife smokes occasionally as well. Not sure she enjoy the amount of money that gets spent on some of these sticks though!
  • Options
    Big Tex:
    SleevePlz:
    I seem to be on a Viaje kick at the moment. Tat Havana is a favorite. MOW, Illusione, Sencillo, Room 101 all rank high on my faves list. And of course Ligas. I prefer in your face, full bodied smokes. I like AJs blends alot too. 'll try any cigar once. I'm a full on cigar ****! My wife smokes occasionally as well. Not sure she enjoy the amount of money that gets spent on some of these sticks though!
    Story of my life.
  • Options
    I need to make my way up there and meet you guys! I'm at Fort Hood, maybe on a four day or something. You THINK there would be tons 'o cigar smokers in Texas.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Big Tex:
    SleevePlz:
    I prefer in your face, full bodied smokes.
    Try the 7-20- 4 Dog Walker
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Stowggie didn't tell you about the initiation ritual, did he?
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome fellas. Yeah he did beatnic. I know it's just a matter of time. I'm nervous already. Ha. Rain, hollar at one of us if you are ever in the neighborhood.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Just grab your balls..pucker your butt and pray to god no one gets ur addy
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Stowwgie's buddy eh? Dont let Pete get your addy....
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Big Tex:
    SleevePlz:
    Dang, Stowggie has you started out right on the cigars!
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Hell Yeah! Another Texan! Send me a PM when you're in the Dallas area next. I'll take you to my lounge and buy you a couple smokes. Welcome.
  • Options
    Streater, I have a brother who lives in Cleburne. Next time I'm down there visiting him I'll hit you up.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums!! I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but it is customary for a noob to post his addy for all to see
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but it is customary for a noob to post his addy for all to see
    Lol...sounds like a trick to me
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Tex:
    SleevePlz:
    . You've got good taste! Have you tried the 50/50? The red is my current favorite from viaje. Super shots were groovy too. Welcome, dude.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Big Tex:
    SleevePlz:
    . You've got good taste! Have you tried the 50/50? The red is my current favorite from viaje. Super shots were groovy too. Welcome, dude.
    I had the 50/50 black at the B&M yesterday. It was really good. Haven't had the red yet. Smoked a 12 ga. supershot a couple weeks ago. Wasn't quite what I expected, but was good nonetheless. I really like the Exclusivo as well.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried the black yet and was skeptical about the flavor change, but I was really surprised. I think I have one of those, I'll have to try it out. I never had any viajes until the last couple months and I really like em, which sucks cause they can be a little expensive! Haha

edit: oh and if you like strong smokes, try the Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo. I'm smoking my first now, I think I'm a fan. Its definitely a powerhouse. Really dark earthy and roasted coffee flavors with a spicy kick.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome Mike.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike, real good peeps here!!
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Welcome, definitely good peeps around here. Keep your address away from MVW67. hahaha.
  • Options
    Welcome I'm new too. Seems like a lot of good people here that knows quite a bit of stuff..
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Mike and your doomed. Have some fun
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome...
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mike meet Mike, Welcome and enjoy, Jiunn is a 8===) you have a pm
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    ...Jiunn is a 8===)
    LMAO...nice to meet you Mike
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Hi Mike meet Mike, Welcome and enjoy, Jiunn is a 8===) you have a pm
    I'm going to 8===) and 8===) ~ ~ ~ all over you. pew pew pew.