Home Cigar 101

What one cigar sticks out in your mind?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
As your most favorite that you have ever had?

Not the ones you like the most, but the one cigar that you've smoked that knocked your socks off.
The one that you never wanted it to end.
The one that the environment was perfect, the draw, taste and burn were perfect and you wanted to freeze time right there.

The one for me was years back. The wife and I had gone to Victoria BC to have a long weekend away.
I had picked up a PSD4 and it was a perfect evening to sit on the bay and smoke.
Everything about that smoke was perfect. The evening, time with my wife, the cigar. It all fit perfectly into that time. It's the one time that I would freeze in time, if I could.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Well thanks for setting the bar, Kuz. Shees. LOL
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    how about the first cigar i blended ever?
    wasnt amazing, but it was mine.
    or how about the first cigar that really solidified this hobby in my mind? the Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte. i was sitting on the balcony of my apartment and it was jut right for the day.
    or how about the first time i lit up a Camacho Havana petite? it had 5 years on it. i can still remember the round nutty spice of good Honduran tobacco.
    Or the Elogio that i smoked at the Hotel La Pearla in Nicaragua on my first night there
    or the OpusX no4 i smoked on the roof of the Hotel Los arcos with a Marriacci band playing on my last night in Nicaragua.

there are just so many good memories i have related to this hobby. i could go on for days discussing them.

i love this hobby.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I would go with the first lfd air bender chisel I ever had. For a mid range stick it really impressed me and pretty much got me hooked in all of about 10 puffs. I still can't get enough of them and it always amazes me the flavors you can't get out of it!! Plus for the price well...enough said
    Money can't buy taste
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Cohiba Lancero- the State gift.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Location - Vegas - Casa Fuente
    Drink - Mohito
    Cigar - Casa Fuente
    Hanging out with my wife
    Was able to get 2 hours out of it but it was not enough. The best thing was that I didn't let the prices bother me. I went in with high expectations and they were met.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    0patience:
    As your most favorite that you have ever had?

Not the ones you like the most, but the one cigar that you've smoked that knocked your socks off.
    The one that you never wanted it to end.
    The one that the environment was perfect, the draw, taste and burn were perfect and you wanted to freeze time right there.

The one for me was years back. The wife and I had gone to Victoria BC to have a long weekend away.
    I had picked up a PSD4 and it was a perfect evening to sit on the bay and smoke.
    Everything about that smoke was perfect. The evening, time with my wife, the cigar. It all fit perfectly into that time. It's the one time that I would freeze in time, if I could.
    I wasn't in Victoria for the occasion, but for me it was the Partagas D4, too. It had about 4 years age on it, and Lordy that was a good cigar!
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    A Cohiba Siglo IV that I smoked while fishing with my father last month. Not the best cigar by any means, but a great environment. And the first cigar I smoked with my sister last month, a Diesel Unlimited, again, not the best cigar I have had, but another awesome circumstance.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    For me it would have to be when I was in the bahamas , I stayed at the graycliff resort, had my first graycliff big bamboo presidente , thats was a prefect week
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I was on vacation with my family in the Mayan Riviera. I had Anejo #50 on the beach and around the pool. It was later in the afternoon. Kids, Family, Drinks, Food, Beautiful Weather. That stick was one of a few very memorable cigars. I wanted it to last twice as long as it did. The main reason that one was the best is because most of my family was with me. Most of the other times I was alone or with a few buds. For me; the environment/situation in which I smoke a cigar adds to the experience as much as anyrthing else. It can make a great cigar Fantastic!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    KCW:
    I was on vacation with my family in the Mayan Riviera. I had Anejo #50 on the beach and around the pool. It was later in the afternoon. Kids, Family, Drinks, Food, Beautiful Weather. That stick was one of a few very memorable cigars. I wanted it to last twice as long as it did. The main reason that one was the best is because most of my family was with me. Most of the other times I was alone or with a few buds. For me; the environment/situation in which I smoke a cigar adds to the experience as much as anyrthing else. It can make a great cigar Fantastic!
    I had very much the same feeling when I smoked my first Anejo. I thought "OH. MY. GGGGOD!!!! THIS is what an amazing cigar should be!". That one was a game changer for me.

• stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    In Victoria BC on my honeymoon on the front porch of the B&B we stayed at, RyJ cedros delux #1. I still remember it like yesterday. That was 9 years ago.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    A Cohiba Siglo IV that I smoked while fishing with my father last month. Not the best cigar by any means, but a great environment. And the first cigar I smoked with my sister last month, a Diesel Unlimited, again, not the best cigar I have had, but another awesome circumstance.
    Yup, sums it right up for me too.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    A custom-rolled Churchill infused with Louis XIII cognac that I picked up in an old warehouse in Ybor City while I was in college. The roller was a Cuban immigre who set up shop with some of his friends and family. I'd been smoking cigars for a few months already, but that one hooked me for life.
    My friend and I sat on his back porch overlooking the Hillsborough River(creek...)with a snifter of brandy and not a word was spoken for two hrs. Pure bliss...
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    July 2011, on my honeymoon. The wife and I rented a cottage on a lake, and we sat outside and both enjoyed a cigar. No idea what cigar I smoked, and that's what made it perfect = it didn't matter :)
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    I had a MOW Armada a couple months ago. I have to say that this had everything I enjoyed in a cigar. It developed well and had a flavor profile that blew me away. I did not expect an AJ stick to be that kind of wonderful.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    KCW:
    I had very much the same feeling when I smoked my first Anejo. I thought "OH. MY. GGGGOD!!!! THIS is what an amazing cigar should be!". That one was a game changer for me.

In the words of Arthur Fonzarelli, "Exactamundo"!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the wife and i celebrated our 21st anniversary back in may.we spent a long weekend in st augustine florida.on that sunday afternoon i purchased a few handmade sticks from j.c rollers..the wife and i sat on a bench while i smoked one spent an hour or so enjoying that fine cigar and just sitting and talking to my wife....i will remember that one for a while...
    no matter where you go, there you are.