Home General Discussion

Cigar cutters for Groomsmen gifts???

I'm getting married in exactly a month and I am thinking about getting my Groomsmen cigar cutters and a cigar as a gift and hopefully we'll all have enough time to smoke it at the reception.

I want to personalize each on with their initials and was wondering if anyone knows a good place that will do this for me? Thanks

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    0 That Guy 0:
    I'm getting married in exactly a month and I am thinking about getting my Groomsmen cigar cutters and a cigar as a gift and hopefully we'll all have enough time to smoke it at the reception.

I want to personalize each on with their initials and was wondering if anyone knows a good place that will do this for me? Thanks
    All of your groomsman are smokers? Thats awesome! Talk to the guys here at Ccom, but if not I know Xikar will personalize any of their products.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Madurofan, but I know there is actually a few good EBay stores that do aweome engraving work as well on products of your choosing. Let me know if I can be of help.
  • 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    Well no I actually don't know that all of them smoke but we're a tight group of 7 guys and we've already done a few weddings together and received a flask, and money clip so I was trying to do something more unique. Even if they don't I'll force them to on my day --- or my soon to be wife's day ;)
    It is definetly your soon to be wife's day, not yours! Get that thought out of your mind now.
    Oh it's already her world, I'm just trying to live in it! The only advice our pastor gave me was to quickly learn 2 words - "yes dear"
    I actually just called C.com and they do not offer personalization of products.>br>
    Does anyone know if the lower end Xikar cutters (price at $39 on this site) are made of a strong enough material to put an engraving on before I order 7 of them? I did find that a place called Things Remembered charges about $6 each for initials which isn't bad at all.
    0 That Guy 0:
    I actually just called C.com and they do not offer personalization of products.>br>
    Does anyone know if the lower end Xikar cutters (price at $39 on this site) are made of a strong enough material to put an engraving on before I order 7 of them? I did find that a place called Things Remembered charges about $6 each for initials which isn't bad at all.
    The low end Xi cutters are fiberglass not metal, unless you mean the blades.
    ok so I could only engrave the blades, still an interesting concept. I'll have to think about it - thanks
    0 That Guy 0:
    ok so I could only engrave the blades, still an interesting concept. I'll have to think about it - thanks
    THats not saying they aren't nice. They are still Xikars, they are just fiberglass instead of metal.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    could put 1 initial on each blade, that would look pretty sweet.
    I like that idea higgs!
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    That is pretty sweet. Great idea, that guy. Also, you should get your package before the end of the week. Sorry, the internet downage and the memorial day thing sort of blocked off my ability to do anything productive.
    For those who don't know, Betasynn is a class act! He is sending me a sweet variety package of smokes simply because I'm new to the world of cigars. He noticed that I was new and interested in learning and asking a ton of questions on here so he decided to help speed up the process by forwarding some freebies to me to try!

Thank you beta!!!
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Just passing on the tradition that rob1101 (sorry if I keep butchering your name, bud) passed on to me.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    TG, if you end up going with the second tier of Xi cutters, you can put an engraving on them, you could try to put it on the blades, but if they ever send them in for sharpening or replacing, the engraving might not be there when they get it back.

Or you could buy the cheaper ones, then send in for the leather pouches and get those embroidered.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Call or email Xikar and ask.
    Thanks Garen...........I looked into it some more this afternoon and don't know that Xikar are the best/most affordable option to get personalized but I did find a flask/cigar holder combo that can be personalized on another website that looks pretty neat. At least this way I could precut the cigars, and fill up the flask with something tasty so all they would have to do is mix a drink, light and enjoy on my behalf.
    0 That Guy 0:
    Thanks Garen...........I looked into it some more this afternoon and don't know that Xikar are the best/most affordable option to get personalized but I did find a flask/cigar holder combo that can be personalized on another website that looks pretty neat. At least this way I could precut the cigars, and fill up the flask with something tasty so all they would have to do is mix a drink, light and enjoy on my behalf.
    Sounds like a decent idea.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Colbri is going out/coming back in business and offers a very nice cutter called Firebird. It is like a Xikar only about $12.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Dan W.. Check your mailbox for groomsmens cutters.
  • kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    As an alternative, have you considered getting them torch lighters instead of cigar cutters?  The only reason I mention this is because a lighter has multiple uses (cigarette lighting, pyromaniacs, etc) in case some of your grroomsmen don't pick up on the habit.  er, hobby.
  • I got a place that offers some cigar accessories for groomsmen gifts.  Not sure if you guys know your prices or not, or if they are in the acceptable price range, but we shop at

http://www.groomsmen.com

Bill