Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Advice about a gift from a coworker

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
I had a coworker walk up to me and give me a La Aurora Preferido Platinum #2 Perfecto out of the blue today, and i really want to give him something in return for such a nice cigar, but i'm not sure what? my current stock of multiples...

Gurkha Doble Maduro
Gurkha Titan II
Oliva V Maduro
Camacho PE
Camacho 1962
5Vegas Limitada '08
5Vegas A

I'm thinking maybe a Titan II. I like them a lot and they're a great cigar. What do you guys think?

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'd go with the Oliva V Maduro or the Camacho PE, just based on the "equivalence" factor.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If it were me, I'd follow what Tony said. However, I'm sure he gifted it to you with no expectation of something in return, so he'd probably be happy with any of those.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    If given the oppurtunity I like to return an act of kindness with an even bigger act of kindness. If it wouldn't kill your stash I'd hit him with one each of the listed sticks. Or as many as you can part with.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Good ole maddy and his "Untouchables" approach. "They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. "
    j0z3r:
    Good ole maddy and his "Untouchables" approach. "They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. "
    Thats my general approach. However, sometimes they just hit too hard and you have to be happy that you limped away and try to snipe away at them as you can ... "You got a worldwide crime syndicate now. There's no rules. There's no parameters. There's no feelings. There's no feelings for this country."
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Well, I know that he's never smoked a Gurkha before, except MAYBE one of those newer-blend Black dragon robustos.... that's why i was leaning towards the titan II.

I'm thinking one of those, one of the oliva V maduros, and a camacho PE. go middle of the road with what maddy said guys?
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Since I love the the aurora preferidos line so much and of the ones you listed that I've tried the PE was my favorite, I'd say go with that. However, those preferidos are quite pricey so you could lean a little more towards Maddy's idea and give him the PE and something else you think he might really enjoy. Maybe the PE and titan?
    bacon.jay:
    Well, I know that he's never smoked a Gurkha before, except MAYBE one of those newer-blend Black dragon robustos.... that's why i was leaning towards the titan II.

I'm thinking one of those, one of the oliva V maduros, and a camacho PE. go middle of the road with what maddy said guys?
    Sounds like a good idea.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Oliva V maduro awesome stick, if he is a good friend I'd go with that.

• I agree with the Titan and the Oliva "V".....but the bigger question here is how does one get on Maddy's "friends" list.....lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ... remind me not to get into a mob war with Maddy
    You started that a while back with the consellation prize for your 1000th post contest. I've been taking shots at you ever since. I'm going to get a head shot on you one of those days.
    Smoky the Bear:
    Ibut the bigger question here is how does one get on Maddy's "friends" list.....lol
    I have no friends, only people I know who survived the bomb.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Of the sticks you list I have only had the Camacho PE and the 5 Vegas A. Of those two the PE is certainly the better of the two, not that there is anything wrong with the A. It just happens that in my young cigar smoking life the PE is one of the best I have had.