Home General Discussion

My Fav cigars seem to change a lot ! Does this happen to you ?

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
I have been keeping a list of my top 10 favorite cigars and my favorites seem to change a lot. Not sure if it because I like new stuff better or if my taste changes often. Here is my CURRENT top 10....

MY Top ten fav cigars: 1 Diesel unlimited 2 Joys de Nicaragua dark corojo 3 MOW Ruination 4 Puro authentico 5 Gran Habano 2002 6 Padilla Miami Oscuro edicion limitada 7 La Aurora Preferido maduro #2 8 Cohiba red dot 9 5Vegas AAA 10 Nub 460 Maduro I guess I still love trying new things... kind of like it all. Do you guys change favorites a lot or not ?

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    I love to try new stuff. Can't really say my favorites change... mostly because I can't keep a ranking straight through a night of smoking much less for multiple days. Closest I have to a favorite is Undercrown, as I seem to always grab one when I don't know what sounds good.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my favorite blends change more than my favorite brands/blenders.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    jadelt:
    I have been keeping a list of my top 10 favorite cigars and my favorites seem to change a lot. Not sure if it because I like new stuff better or if my taste changes often. Here is my CURRENT top 10....

MY Top ten fav cigars:
    1 Diesel unlimited
    2 Joys de Nicaragua dark corojo
    3 MOW Ruination
    4 Puro authentico
    5 Gran Habano 2002
    6 Padilla Miami Oscuro edicion limitada
    7 La Aurora Preferido maduro #2
    8 Cohiba red dot
    9 5Vegas AAA
    10 Nub 460 Maduro

I guess I still love trying new things... kind of like it all. Do you guys change favorites a lot or not ?
    You are right...... my list changes almost every time I try something new. When I cant decide I let the folks here "Pick my Stick" for me ....... if I get stuck on my own I fall back to the Diesel.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    My favorites haven't really changed too much in the past year or so. They did in the first few years I was getting into cigars though.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I would say that my favorites change when I change the level of quality that I am smoking. There are definitely some hidden gems that I love, ie Ccom American Label, but I can't really put that as my top ten. Plus, Ive only been smoking cigars for just over a year, so I understand that I still have a LOT to learn!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Mine do too.... Now I only like mild-med
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to pic my top what ever by consistency... I used to really like the Padilla Miami oscuro but had a lot of construction issues with them putting them toward the bottom of my rotation. But I feel my taste is always changing from day to day so I rely one a few good picks to get me by
    Money can't buy taste
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    im kinda stuck in a maduro phase right now
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Fixed it for you Dustin.
    catfishbluezz:
    Mine do too.... Now I only like mild-med aged Cuban
    rzaman:
    Fixed it for you Dustin.
    catfishbluezz:
    Mine do too.... Now I only like mild-med aged Cuban
    Lol....damnit...yup! Funny thing is, I can get boxes of coronas for around $100 these days and that's my favorite vitola as of late.
    The biggest difference Ive noticed, is I pay alot more attention to the finish on the back of my tongue. Regardless of the leaf or type of smoke, if the finish on the back is too strong or bitter, I don't like it. Ecuadorian conny is becoming a favorite wrapper, and shade or Colorado.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    top 5 or so haven't changed in a long time.....
    the next 5 to 10 seem to change regularly...............