Home Cigar 101

101 - Picture thread of my new Humi

0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
First attempt at a humidor as well as a picture thread. There's only 2 here and I didn't want to open the door again since I'm trying to continue maintaining the RH for a while. But she's a purdy one, just a little skinny for my taste, I need to shove some more cigars in her to thicken her up ;).....Let me know what you think

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking humi. Now its time to fill 'er up.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    madurofan:

Same thing Bill Clinton used to say ...
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I love it when I get a new toy-----enjoy my friend.
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

Did I tell you the Gurkha rep told me the cigar that the cigar used in that famous incident was an HMR. Apparently thats all ol' Billy boy smokes.
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

Did I tell you the Gurkha rep told me the cigar that the cigar used in that famous incident was an HMR. Apparently thats all ol' Billy boy smokes.

I can see 'ol Bill calling Gurkha customer service and tellin' them his HMR's taste like a$$
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

i bet that rep is blowin smoke up you ass.
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

i bet that rep is blowin smoke up you ass.
    He was pretty confident but I wouldn't bet on it. Thats why I stated it the way I did.

Funny enough kuz this rep just quit working for Rocky and went to work for Gurkha, how about that for our little war.

thats like quitting Applebee's and going over to TGIFridays.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

I can see 'ol Bill calling Gurkha customer service and tellin' them his HMR's taste like a$$
    Or like Fish!
    kuzi16:

You've thought about it
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:

You've thought about it
    just fully aware of my place in the world.
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:

You've thought about it
    just fully aware of my place in the world.
    Speaking of your place in the world ... how's the chocolate business?
    crappy. but not because of us. we had a bit of theft at the place where i sell the bulk of the chocolate. it became no longer profitable to sell there. so long and short is we are making less chocolate, but we are making more profit per sale.
    Thats sucks man. Glad you're turning a a profit though.
  • adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    Guy, how do you like the Series A and Limitado? I love the Gold and Classic and am thinking about getting the sampler ccom has.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I love the 'A' series, smoked it in the Apocalypse form, and I was thoroughly impressed. As far as the limitado '08 goes, it was a decent smoke. I'd need to try the '09 to see how that is, but initial reports look good.
  • bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    Nice humi - hope you finally got the RH straightened out.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    nice humidor! Glad you went with a glasstop, so much easier checking Rh and temp.

"Long ashes my friends."

adamkhalil:
    Guy, how do you like the Series A and Limitado? I love the Gold and Classic and am thinking about getting the sampler ccom has.
    the series A is always in rotation in my humidor. it wont blow you away but it never disappoints.

the limitada 08 i actually have not had but i hear it was ok. I liked the 07. i still think the 06 was the best year for that line...

however, i have yet to try the 09. im not sure if i will.
  • 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    I wasn't crazy about the Gold I thought it was a little bland for my taste. The last 1/3 I did get a quick nutty finish which I liked but other then that I thought it was kind of boring. A good morning smoke I would think though.

The others I have yet to smoke and am looking forward to it. My humidity is doing much better but keeps wanting to drop below 65% so I'm trying to leave the smokes in there right now since I hear an empty humidor is harder to maintain then a full humidor when it comes to Rh levels. I literally have over 50 cigars coming to me right now from 4 different places so I hope to start getting it filled up today or tomorrow and get back to smoking em!

I'll be sure to let you know what I think of em Adam
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    kuzi16:
    adamkhalil:
    the series A is always in rotation in my humidor. it wont blow you away but it never disappoints.

the limitada 08 i actually have not had but i hear it was ok. I liked the 07. i still think the 06 was the best year for that line...

Kuzi, over the past few days, I'm really digging your taste in cigars. What other stuff do you like?
    betasynn:
    kuzi16:
    adamkhalil:

Kuzi, over the past few days, I'm really digging your taste in cigars. What other stuff do you like?
    in general i like honduran and dominican tobacco. to get more specific than that, read through my cigar catalog found in my signature.
  • 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    Listen to Kuzi - I just finished a Vegas 'A' and it was a great smoke - medium to full body and changed flavors 2 or 3 times throughout. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be getting more soon.
  • robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    I have that exact same humidore, I love it!!!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

in my area at least I prefer fridays... I have also usually had bad service at apple's, that and red robin. I wonder if they are all owned by the same company, as with outback, they all seem to be the same.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    why would someone steal chocolate? I can see electronics, but chocolate... sorry to hear about that though.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    crappy. but not because of us. we had a bit of theft at the place where i sell the bulk of the chocolate. it became no longer profitable to sell there. so long and short is we are making less chocolate, but we are making more profit per sale.
    Do you make cigar chocolate??? If it's a matter of searching the forums let me know, but I had no idea you were making chocolate!
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    Do you make cigar chocolate??? If it's a matter of searching the forums let me know, but I had no idea you were making chocolate!

Is NOTHING sacred ...
  • FairwindFairwind Posts: 41
    That is a nice looking one, congrats.

Dan
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I like the design of the humi, nice and clean lines.

I tried the 5 vegas gold, it was not a bad smoke, but not a good one either, mostly just pure blandness IMO. I have not tried the others yet, though they are sitting and waiting for me to.