Home Ratings & Reviews

I like Nubs/Oliva Serie O - what else should I get?

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
ok, so I've been trying a few different cigars and need some recommendations. I love a cigar thats mild/smooth, with lots of smoke and that doesn't leave a lingering taste in my mouth - when I blow out, I expect not to taste much of anything afterwards. Also - I like to take 2-3 puffs before I draw into my mouth, if that matters

First off, I love the Nubs - Conneticut is my favorite though, and as for the others: Conneticut > Cameroon > Habano. Nice big, billowing smoke, very little lingering taste, and they smell great (still trying to get the hang of blow out of mouth/inhale thru nose). I'm gonna order more, but I'd like a cigar that's longer for 2 reasons: 1) Nubs, while great, are a bit short, and since I puff 2-3 times, they can get a little hot; 2) since I puff, they only last about half an hour - I want a cigar that'll last longer

- I've tried Cu-Avano with natural wrapper - didn't like it because the flavor lingered in my mouth too long
- Tried the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet - didn't like it because the taste lingered in my mouth too long
- Tried the 5 Vegas Gold - again, the taste lingered too long in my mouth, though it wasn't that bad, maybe I should've had a beer with it

So any recommendations? Thanks for any help

Comments

• brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    For the qualities you're looking for, try the Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne. Comes in many different sizes and is a very good smoke. Also, the Gurkha Turk is a good choice.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I remember the Park Avenue Churchill having many, if not all, of of those attributes.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Try the Verdadero Organic in the 6x50 size. Lotsa smoke, mild but good flavor, short finish, 1 1/2 hour smoke, excellent construction.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    second the V.O...very non-invasive
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'll third the Verdadero Organic, great mild smoke with alot of flavor, and in no way overpowering.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    That short finish that you are describing is very elusive and is limited almost completely to mild cigars. I'd chat with the boys at Ccom, tell them that not only do you prefer a very short finish but require it. I'm sure they have some recommendations.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    What else have you tried along the Oliva line?
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Definitely try the Sol Cubano Connecticut or 5 Vegas Classic.
  • smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    The gurkha symphony is quite good as well.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    betasynn:
    Nothing else yet; I'm gonna order a few of G/V/O and see how I like those
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Good call. I think the V might be a bit intense, as far as the aftertaste goes, if that's any help, but the O is pretty decent for what you're looking for.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    betasynn:
    Nothing else yet; I'm gonna order a few of G/V/O and see how I like those
    the G maduro is good. the V is still my favorite standard Oliva line.

of non standards...
    EL COBRE!!

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Ok, so I tried a few more

- - Verdadero Organic - loved the short finish and big plumes of smoke, though the raisin taste was a bit too much; think I'll give it another shot later though
    - - Gurkha Turk - nice short finish, but the 'taste' or flavor was too much; I didn't like such taste in my mouth. Not sure what I was tasting, but it was just too much for my liking
    - - Oliva Conneticut - again, too much taste, though not as bad as the Gurkha Turk, and it had a decent finish
    - - CCOM Purple Label - very nice; short finish, mild and smooth taste. I like it quite a bit (short filler was a tad annoying, but otherwise a fine smoke); will probably pick up some more later
    - - Oliva Series O - I LOVED this cigar. Finish wasn't as short as the others, but the finish was so mild/smooth that I really didn't mind it at all. Loved the big, thick smoke too - definitely gonna get a box of these

I'm gonna try the Oliva Serie G later today or tomorrow, but does anyone else have suggestions? Thanks for any help