Home Non Cigar Related

BOTL you WILL be MISSED

MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
So go away on long golf weekend and all H E L L breaks loose. Come back to Bandy, Joz3r, Sniper, Toombes, Jiunn like the month/roomie All leaving! Yes I also have seen changes in the forums good and bad. Yes have seen ALL the incorrect posts by individuals, and have seen the wrath of the forums come down on them.....Simple PM's could of alleviated alot of problems. But they are still BOTL and some have a very strong passion for it, whether you agree or not so be it.

**** I got on last night to thank the attack sqaudron and called them all BORKs before reading all the other threads this morning! FYI (BORK came from somebody's fat fingers trying to type BOTL) And as far as NEWBS or NOOBS, we are all still somewhat new in knowing about cigars. I believe the Newb/Noob status is set up for the new members needed guidance on this forum and the vets are there to help (not to teardown their welcome) along with the newbs threads. And I always try to help and send Welcome Bombs to them to help break the ice (which reminds me have another list).

Lately, I have seen the monitoring like, some one watching the PGA to call in a rules violation. Really everyone is perfect??? Even if it repeated mis steps? Life is too Short

If there are threads I don't care for, Politics, Religion, others I stay off or just keep my keyboard Quiet.
As far as groups, clicks, don't know I try to treat every one the same, newbs, noob, Bork, Botl don't look for a difference, just that you are here for the same reason a good cigar and company. Cigar tastes, different strokes for different BOTL.

With that said, I will miss the departing Botls very much and Welcome the New ones in the same stroke of the keyboard. Yes I will be staying on here at ccom and sending packages your way at some point!!! LOL.
Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    It has been a strange weekend, Mike. Kinda missed you. Keep the faith bro. Oh, while you were gone, I bombed a newb for you. LOL.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    It has been a strange weekend, Mike. Kinda missed you. Keep the faith bro. Oh, while you were gone, I bombed a newb for you. LOL.
    I'm here!!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Classy as always Mike. Those guys will definitely be missed. Fortunately for me, I talk to Dan about everyother night. Unfortunately, I think I am the last remaining member of the Redneck Mafia! I'll do you proud Dan! LOL, as for you NEWBIES, I'll be getting to know a few of you REAL WELL, REAL SOON!!!!!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Unfortunately, I think I am the last remaining member of the Redneck Mafia! I'll do you proud Dan!
    Mmmm, looks like it all falls on you and I can promise you will pay for what the Redneck Mafia did to me and for those Mafia members and non members staying away from the forum...I know where you live!!

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    mmccartneydc:
    Unfortunately, I think I am the last remaining member of the Redneck Mafia! I'll do you proud Dan!
    Mmmm, looks like it all falls on you and I can promise you will pay for what the Redneck Mafia did to me and for those Mafia members and non members staying away from the forum...I know where you live!!

HAHAHA!!
    MVW67:
    MTuccelli:
    mmccartneydc:

HAHAHA!!
    What are you laughing at?...you could very well be next. Now put that in your blunt and smoke it!

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    MTuccelli:
    MVW67:
    MTuccelli:
    mmccartneydc:

HAHAHA!!
    What are you laughing at?...you could very well be next. Now put that in your blunt and smoke it!

Do not taunt super happy funball...
    Marker:
    MTuccelli:
    MVW67:
    MTuccelli:
    mmccartneydc:

HAHAHA!!

Do not taunt super happy funball...
    and now trouble shows up....j/k...NOT!

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I'll still play patty cakes with ya still mike
    catfishbluezz:
    I'll still play patty cakes with ya still mike
    Ok, I'll come to you...so whats your address? :o)

• Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Brother Doc, I may not be around as much but I am sitting the fence on this one. I havent been around lately so Im here for the time being as we are the Remaining RM.... And MVW you put it very gracious as you always do. You were the first person to level my PO and I HAVE NOT FORGOT. and MT you have set many examples of true Borkmanship. You guys are the bomb and my family. Yes I talk to Dan as well and one of the issues was brought to my attention and The person who caused it almost made me leave the forums when i first started as a newb because I simply updated a forum that hadnt been updated in a while and i recieved what I thought was an in appropriate im from him to stay of HIS forum!!!!!! But I am still here....
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Miss you around here Brian, pm to yoh
    catfishbluezz:
    Miss you around here Brian, pm to yoh
    Replied bro..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Medic45:
    The person who caused it almost made me leave the forums when i first started as a newb because I simply updated a forum that hadnt been updated in a while and i recieved what I thought was an in appropriate im from him to stay of HIS forum!!!!!! But I am still here....
    Can you please pm me regarding this. Just curious. I understand if you don't want to.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Medic45:
    Brother Doc, I may not be around as much but I am sitting the fence on this one. I havent been around lately so Im here for the time being as we are the Remaining RM.... And MVW you put it very gracious as you always do. You were the first person to level my PO and I HAVE NOT FORGOT. and MT you have set many examples of true Borkmanship. You guys are the bomb and my family. Yes I talk to Dan as well and one of the issues was brought to my attention and The person who caused it almost made me leave the forums when i first started as a newb because I simply updated a forum that hadnt been updated in a while and i recieved what I thought was an in appropriate im from him to stay of HIS forum!!!!!! But I am still here....
    ??? WHo the hec are you talkin bout??? Dont be scared I want to hear this,,pm me if you like
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll miss everyone who's leaving. I understand the reason, but am bothered by the fact that it got to this point.
    I'm staying put. The good guys outweigh the bad ones and if it comes to it, I'm not bashful about saying what I think to someone who pushes buttons.
    I really wish those leaving would reconsider.
    But I totally understand why.

But for those who choose to leave, understand that there are folks who would like to see you stick around and will miss you. And the beauty of forums is that you can ignore those people who push buttons and not acknowledging them is far more irritating to them, than it is you.

For those leaving, may the great spirit guide you on your paths.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    I'll miss everyone who's leaving. I understand the reason, but am bothered by the fact that it got to this point.
    I'm staying put. The good guys outweigh the bad ones and if it comes to it, I'm not bashful about saying what I think to someone who pushes buttons.
    I really wish those leaving would reconsider.
    But I totally understand why.

But for those who choose to leave, understand that there are folks who would like to see you stick around and will miss you. And the beauty of forums is that you can ignore those people who push buttons and not acknowledging them is far more irritating to them, than it is you.

For those leaving, may the great spirit guide you on your paths.
    Awesomely said brother....
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for keeping the hope mike!! You were missed over the weekend and I'm glad your not leaving!! I feel the same way about all this and if all the older members leave we will not have a mold of what the forums can return to. It saddens Me people are leaving since this site is the only one I feel I can be myself and learn and teach at the same time. I really hope all that leave will return eventually and while they are gone I'm hoping some of the other vets will step up and help to regain what this forum was
    Money can't buy taste
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike you are a class act and always will be. You welcomed me to this forum with open arms and was the first and only one to bomb me, and I'm sad that I didn't take part in bombing you this weekend but there is always time to do it in the future so watch out, lol. I'm glad to have someone like you on this forum and glad to see your staying and not letting the high school drama get to you.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robertgreen30:
    Mike you are a class act and always will be. You welcomed me to this forum with open arms and was the first and only one to bomb me, and I'm sad that I didn't take part in bombing you this weekend but there is always time to do it in the future so watch out, lol. I'm glad to have someone like you on this forum and glad to see your staying and not letting the high school drama get to you.
    Well said partner.
  • We need all of you fellers to stay
  • MVW67:
    Come back to Bandy, Joz3r, Sniper, Toombes, Jiunn like the month/roomie All leaving!
    WTH? NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Mike, I'm glad you are staying. You might have the power to make them stay. Please try. Who am I going to blame bombs on if Jiunn is not here?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    robertgreen30:
    Well said partner.
    Amen!! My first bomb received was from Mike. I appreciate your welcoming us to the Forum and the way it made us feel involved and apart of the community. Thank you.
    MTuccelli:
    mmccartneydc:

LOL, way to kick a guy while he's down MT.....geesh!
    Medic45:
    Interesting, you haven't told me this story. Oh, and ANSWER YOUR D**N PHONE!!!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Alright, I don't know how I miss all the nonsense, maybe it's a blessing. I would like someone in the know to PM and fill me in on the details on why so many established and respected members are leaving. I would like full details please and thanks.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad your not leaving Mike your the first person to bomb and welcome me to the forums.As for the ones that are leaving they will be missed, still not sure how or when this all came up tho
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    So go away on long golf weekend and all H E L L breaks loose. Come back to Bandy, Joz3r, Sniper, Toombes, Jiunn like the month/roomie All leaving! Yes I also have seen changes in the forums good and bad. Yes have seen ALL the incorrect posts by individuals, and have seen the wrath of the forums come down on them.....Simple PM's could of alleviated alot of problems. But they are still BOTL and some have a very strong passion for it, whether you agree or not so be it.

**** I got on last night to thank the attack sqaudron and called them all BORKs before reading all the other threads this morning! FYI (BORK came from somebody's fat fingers trying to type BOTL) And as far as NEWBS or NOOBS, we are all still somewhat new in knowing about cigars. I believe the Newb/Noob status is set up for the new members needed guidance on this forum and the vets are there to help (not to teardown their welcome) along with the newbs threads. And I always try to help and send Welcome Bombs to them to help break the ice (which reminds me have another list).

Lately, I have seen the monitoring like, some one watching the PGA to call in a rules violation. Really everyone is perfect??? Even if it repeated mis steps? Life is too Short

If there are threads I don't care for, Politics, Religion, others I stay off or just keep my keyboard Quiet.
    As far as groups, clicks, don't know I try to treat every one the same, newbs, noob, Bork, Botl don't look for a difference, just that you are here for the same reason a good cigar and company. Cigar tastes, different strokes for different BOTL.

With that said, I will miss the departing Botls very much and Welcome the New ones in the same stroke of the keyboard. Yes I will be staying on here at ccom and sending packages your way at some point!!! LOL.

Mike, as always you have been the straight arrow. I am hoping your words are seen by everyone on this forum. With the Brothers that you listed leaving, it creates an huge void in these forums.

Someone on the forums once asked why we do the things we do on here. I am inclined to say it is because of those guys. When I joined, they welcomed with open humis, and open minds to help me grow in this hobby/addiction. I am hoping that they will come back once things calm down. I am glad I missed the carnage that has caused they brothers to leave, but as we have seen before, the people that cause the carnage usually don't last long.

To those brothers who are leaving it was my honor to call you Brother, and I hope that in the short time I have been around, I have earned your honor to be called the same.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still here. Like you f*ckers cared about me anyways. lol
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I'm still here. Like you f*ckers cared about me anyways. lol
    You an LAAoA fan..... no one cares... LOL JK. Youre an ass if you think no one cares. I care.... thats all that matters.