Home Cigar 101

Got a question bout housing a few cigars

Sorry for the length of the post and any run on sentences abd grammar errors. Ok guys I've been getting cigars here and there for a few years now. I've got two separate humidors one small with my name engraved on it as a wedding party gift. And another larger one. But as for my question. I've finally got the ability to really buy house and save cigars but is it ok to house multiple brands without sepetaters or shelves? So far I'm trying to keep them in like groupings. All of my obsidian sampler are in the smaller humidor. While my first month membership sampler and my build your own sampler are all on the larger. I have similarly wrapped cigars together (I.e. conneticuts, maduro, and such). The base of the larger is all that is filled none are laying on top of each other. They are simply touching on the sides. Is this something that I should avoid?

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I have dozens of singles that are different wrappers, fillers, ect, and they are all in the same humi and together. The only thing I would see that would be an issue, would be infused or flavored sticks in with non infused. You are fine, other than doing it for personal organization.
  • Kool I figured it was. But I've typically bought them to smoke them in them in the near future. Not to have and enjoy at my leisure and store for any significant time.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, man stack away. My humidors are like a jigsaw puzzle right now; cigars go wherever they can fit! Only organize if it helps you find what to smoke! The exception as mentioned above is any infused/flavored cigar. The "aroma" of those guys can be very permeating.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Aging cigars=good experience at least most of the time! It really doesn't matter if you have them all together unless they are flavored and non flavored!! In my main humi I keep them buy brand so it's easier to dig out but in the rest they are all thrown together. I hope you'll read up on aging since it is a very good thing IMO but its not for everybody
    Money can't buy taste
  • I'm not a big fan of the flavored cigars. I love me a good maduro though. I figured it was ok I just didn't see any post bout it so figured it couldnt hurt to ask. Thanks for the input guys. And suggestions on maduros are also more than appreciated.
    Padron,avo/davidoff,la aurora are my favorites but I'm leaving some out since its still early lol but with those it's hard not to have a nice experience maduro or not
    Money can't buy taste
    Also welcome to the forums batman!! Stick around here there are Plenty of great people on here!!
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Padron,avo/davidoff,la aurora are my favorites but I'm leaving some out since its still early lol but with those it's hard not to have a nice experience maduro or not
    +1, Haven't had any Davidoff, and AVO, but Padron and La Aurora you can't go wrong with.
  • Thanks guys I'll definitely keep those in mind. I'm definitely gonna keep my eyes on the forums. I'm always lookin to get any advice or knowledge bout cigars that I didn't think to ask or even think of. Any of you Maduro guys had those obsodians? If so what did y'all think? First one was Lil different but as it went on I liked it more and more. The next two I had I couldn't put down. But that's just me. I'm definitely gonna look into those suggestions. I've seen the davidoffs at my local cigar shop kinda pricey for me right now but those guys on there have been a big help to me.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    I have dozens of singles that are different wrappers, fillers, ect, and they are all in the same humi and together. The only thing I would see that would be an issue, would be infused or flavored sticks in with non infused. You are fine, other than doing it for personal organization.
    +1 well said
    Some of my fav maduro's that are reasonably priced are Perdomo Lot 23, CAO Gold, Torano exodus "50" year, and Macanudo vintge 97..
    The Kid:
    marineatbn03:
    +1 well said
    Some of my fav maduro's that are reasonably priced are Perdomo Lot 23, CAO Gold, Torano exodus "50" year, and Macanudo vintge 97..
    I have an exodus 50 lined up for this evening, thanks Rudy, lol.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maduro-wise I really like Padrons, and the 5 Vegas 'A'. I have not tried it yet, but the Brick House Maduro is supposed to be very good (I like the regular line). I really enjoyed the Lot 23's that I've had as well
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • I really liked the few perdomos I've had and the exodus. All the taranos I've had have been good cigars Those were some of the first I ever had followed by cao's. Actually enjoying my first man o war tonight.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    +1, Haven't had any Davidoff, and AVO, but Padron and La Aurora you can't go wrong with.
    Never had an AVO? Notturno is an excellent mild-medium smoke... I might get a box, I'll send you some
    Not neccessary Jim. I appreciate the thought though. Once I am back in the states for good, I will be able to try more stuff on a regular basis.