Home Non Cigar Related
Options

wax myrtle

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
hey i know some of you out there are in the landsape bus. just a quick question.i have a few wax myrtle in my yard and was wondering when is the right time to trim them so they wont die??
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    hey i know some of you out there are in the landsape bus. just a quick question.i have a few wax myrtle in my yard and was wondering when is the right time to trim them so they wont die??
    Not sure how different the wax is from the crepe, but we just trimmed ours down last week in NC. We typically do it in September and then again in April.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    twistedstem:
    Not sure how different the wax is from the crepe, but we just trimmed ours down last week in NC. We typically do it in September and then again in April.

A noted British botanist once said, "The proper time to prune is when the shears are sharp". Wish I could remember his name, though......

I realize that doesn't help but I thought I'd just throw that in there. LOLimage
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Wax myrtles don't bloom, correct? If that's the case I don't think it matters too terribly much when you prune them. I just wouldn't mess with it when it's very hot or very cold. Fall and/or spring.